Red Alert Global League - Announcement, Information, Seeding

SEASON 1, 2016

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.
KillaB

Post by KillaB »

I have a dedicated server running in the US, New York to be exact in a tier 1 datacenter. I'd like to offer it up to the season if you guys want. I know jazz set up 3, but they're all in Germany, so I figured having one in the US might not be a bad idea for those not on great connections.

What do you guys think? Right now it's listed as "Openra.us Dedicated"

jaZz_KCS

Post by jaZz_KCS »

The three servers I set up are not mandatory to play on of course. They are just there for convenience to guarantee a free, private place without influx of other players whenever there are League players wanting to get their game on.

League games can be played on whatever server you choose.
KillaB wrote: [...]I know jazz set up 3, but they're all in Germany, so I figured having one in the US might not be a bad idea for those not on great connections.

That being said, another league server available in another timezone such as America would always be nice to have.

You could name it closely to what I named the other three servers to have it listed right next to them with some sort of US in the name so ppl see the location alternative.

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

No game splayed yet in the Masters division?

I recommend to just sit in the RA:GL lobby servers! Plenty people drop by from the league and if its ok - SoScared? - you can play some games in advance.
Last edited by noobmapmaker on Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

jaZz_KCS

Post by jaZz_KCS »

noobmapmaker wrote: the RA:GL lobby
What lobby? Where? Who? Huh?

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Meant the servers that are provided for the RA:GL. If you wait there people stop by, That gives ample opportunity for spontaneous official games to be played.

Still dont know if that is wanted, though. I assume its ok to play in advance,.

KillaB

Post by KillaB »

jaZz_KCS wrote: The three servers I set up are not mandatory to play on of course. They are just there for convenience to guarantee a free, private place without influx of other players whenever there are League players wanting to get their game on.

League games can be played on whatever server you choose.
KillaB wrote: [...]I know jazz set up 3, but they're all in Germany, so I figured having one in the US might not be a bad idea for those not on great connections.

That being said, another league server available in another timezone such as America would always be nice to have.

You could name it closely to what I named the other three servers to have it listed right next to them with some sort of US in the name so ppl see the location alternative.
Cool, I'll rename it and set the password to gamma as well. Not many people have been using it for public games anyway. I know hamb and jayman played their league game on it last night.

KillaB

Post by KillaB »

Ok, I've renamed my server to "1v1 - US RAGL Server - MapSynced" and set the password.
Last edited by KillaB on Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Please remove password :)

KillaB

Post by KillaB »

noobmapmaker wrote: Please remove password :)
No problem. Was just following suit with Jazz's servers :)

edit: Password removed

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

I believe he means from your post :)

KillaB

Post by KillaB »

Murto the Ray wrote: I believe he means from your post :)
wow, I'm slow today. That's what I get for posting on the forum instead of listening to my conference call :P

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Thanks for the server delivery! Also it works as a very nice promo for the league having servers in the lobby at any given time:)

There's no rules against spectators, however as Jazz_KCS previously stated the servers are throttled for 1v1's, therefore the risk is higher for lagging with specs.

KillaB

Post by KillaB »

SoScared wrote: Thanks for the server delivery! Also it works as a very nice promo for the league having servers in the lobby at any given time:)

There's no rules against spectators, however as Jazz_KCS previously stated the servers are throttled for 1v1's, therefore the risk is higher for lagging with specs.
No problem!

Specs shouldn't be an issue on mine that I'm aware. It's in a tier 1 datacenter in New York. Should be fine as long as the specs are also in the US?

I still named mine 1v1, so it would show up with his servers.

jaZz_KCS

Post by jaZz_KCS »

KillaB wrote:
Specs shouldn't be an issue on mine that I'm aware. It's in a tier 1 datacenter in New York. Should be fine as long as the specs are also in the US?

I still named mine 1v1, so it would show up with his servers.
Yes, specs shouldn't be a problem as long as they are from the same continent, too. Oversea connection/ playing together is always a little tricky/laggy above 1v1s... Or with specs.

jaZz_KCS

Post by jaZz_KCS »

KillaB --> It has come to my attention, that your League server - although it seems to be synced - features the wrong revisions for the league maps.

To make this short: Your server is TOO SYNCED. You just synced all the maps with newest versions, meaning that you already have the NEW revisions of the maps, which are for playtest-20160403.

So if someone wants to play the release-20151224 version of "Sidestep" for example, your server says: "Map not found on server". This is due to the fact that you are missing the other revisions. Please make sure that you have the correct versions of the maps that are being played.

At the moment you are basically hosting a RELEASE server with the new PLAYTEST maps (which normally isn't a problem, since the mapformats are mostly intercompatible between versions - but since the new playtest we have a new map format.)

I have prepared you a zipfile with all the 12 maps in their correct version (revision map format 7 for release-20151224)for the League. Get it here and extract it into your maps/ra folder of your server. http://openra.endoftheinternet.org:5534 ... 151224.zip