Tag Team Tournament THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.
Ripsn

Tag Team Tournament THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW

Post by Ripsn »

[align=center]Welcome all to our Tag Team tournament Masterpiece [/align]
[align=center]Here is some general information, rules and stats you will need to compete in this competition [/align]

[align=center]Teams:[/align]
[align=center]Spy` - Kyrylo -*- Spyrylo
Ripley - Clemb -*- Clemly
Hamb - Chrisf -*-Chrispy Hamburgers
GateKeeper - Murto the ray -*- The art of Fire
NoobMapMaker - Jayman -*- Team Noob/Smoke.
MustaphaTR - StavrosEsling -*- Team Cromulent
Zaqzorn - MicroBit -*- Team Zaqrobit
Barf - Frame_Limiter -*- The AMHOLES
Anjew - AOAGeneral<OL> -*- IMBA
Han - xy -*- Kek Top Boys
Jyomama - American Blunt -*-Team Blunt
Raymundo - Amphy -*- Prize Fighters
Substitute player : Strelkov[/align]

[align=center]Officials
[/align]
[align=center]Ripley` / Ripsn
SoScared
FiveAces
Clemb
JaZz_KCS

Please note that our officials are working on many different timezones,
SO CUT THEM SOME SLACK!
[/align]

[align=center]
Brackets[/align]

[align=center]Image[/align]

[align=center]
Rules[/align]

[align=center]1. The officials will have the FINAL say on all rounds they monitor.
2. The mods available to play are RA/TD/D2k
3. Entries are closed
4. Standard starting rules: 5000 starting credits
5. Player/host game crash or connection loss will result in a REMATCH. If a missing player does not rejoin they will be forfeited.
6. Teams MUST show up as a team, unless a substitute is required
7. All entries will be taken as agreement to these terms and any others that may be enforced by Event Staff for the benefit of this tournament.
8. No players or team mates may watch any live streams whilst they are ingame.
9. Maps and mods are to be decided by Team captains in the lobby, following a Coin Toss.
10. All replays must be uploaded online . Label it as a tournament game with the match size included.
11. Players of the opposing teams will meet and play when available. Tournament officials MUST BE NOTIFIED of any tournament rounds BEFORE they commence.
12. The games are to be played using the current release 20151224[/align]

[align=center]General Info[/align]
[align=center]As always - Teams are expected to play fair and act sensibly, make themselves available for all tabled matches when appropriate and work towards this tournament running smoothly.Keeping the prize money in mind, stricter policies will be put in place, as this is the first tournament involving a cash prize. Officials reserve the right to remove teams if necessary. the aim of our tournaments, aside from community enjoyment, is to showcase the game through casted games to a wider audience, this means we need the best image of our community to be on show while games are streamed live.
ANY SOUP AND YOU ARE OUT!!!

Some players will be available at different times, so patience is very important.[/align]

[align=center]Results[/align]
[align=center]Please report match results to any of our tournament officials as fast as possible so the brackets may be updated.
The battle is not over / does not count UNTIL the game declares a winner.
All ingame tactics are valid.
If the game crashes or comes to a stop, please do not "call it a win" and report it.
All Replays MUST be uploaded and linked WITH the result of the match AND who played / what map. By your team captain. [/align]
[align=center]
Casting & Live Streams[/align]

[align=center]More info to come.[/align]

[align=center]This tournament is for fun. so have fun. ![/align]
Last edited by Ripsn on Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

And it starts... 14:00 GMT right? 13:00 GMT it is!
Last edited by noobmapmaker on Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playlist with ALL games of the Dark Tournament Youtube.com/CorrodeCasts
Consider supporting OpenRA by setting a bounty or by donating for a server

jaZz_KCS

Post by jaZz_KCS »

[align=center]Addendum:

a] Replays do not have to be uploaded, as all rounds will be monitored by at least one official.

b] Spectators (besides the officials) are NOT allowed.

c] Tournament games shall only be played on the tounament servers (2016 - Tag Team Tournament Server)
[/align]
Last edited by jaZz_KCS on Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hecthor Doomhammer

Post by Hecthor Doomhammer »

noobmapmaker wrote: And it starts... 14:00 GMT right?
No, 13:00 GMT

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

Thanks for participating, everyone!

We tried to set up a rough schedule for this weekend.

SATURDAY, 5th: (Times in GMT)

13:00 Kek Top Boys versus The AMHOLES

14.00 Team Blunt versus IMBA

15.00 Team Noob/Smoke versus the winner of Qualifier 1

16.00 Team Spyrylo versus the winner of Qualifier 2

SUNDAY, 6th:

13.00 Team Zaqrobit versus The Art Of Fire

14.00 Prize Fighters versus Team Clemly

15.00 Chrispy Hamburgers versus the winner of Qualifier 3

16.00 Team Cromulent versus the winner of Qualifier 4

Please keep in mind that this may still be subject to change due to the volatile nature of such events!

Let us know if you want to switch timeslots, and please be there on mumble
(http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=openra) so we can contact you in time!

Good luck and have fun, Commanders!

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

PM reply from kyrylo:
kyrylo wrote:Hey! Thanks for the schedule. I just got a message from Spy (my teammate) that he can't play on Saturday:

http://logs.openra.net/?search=probably ... be+playing

Could you adjust the schedule so we play on Sunday? Sorry about that, it was unexpected to me as well.
Perhaps we could play another Sunday match as a replacement if a Sunday team is available today.

PM reply from Raymundo:
raymundo wrote:Hello fiveaces, thanks for the update! Our team will be available for our scheduled Match on Sunday, but will be hard for us to have a match this coming saturday.

Cheers,
Raymundo
Last edited by SoScared on Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

PM from Han
Han wrote:Hey, so we had one change to the team. xy dropped out and I asked non fingo, who also wanted to play, to replace him. Hope thats ok.
I gave the thumbs up given nonfingo has been looking for a teammate for a while without getting one. For consistency sake I think the Team name will have to stay the same:

Top Kek Boys: Han + nonfingo

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Just wanted to say that today I watched back the streams that I have missed (wasnt able to view due to work and extra work). Despite some delays it was really entertaining. Thanks all for the excellent and entertaining streams! I hope users no more choose Dune2K as it just doesnt seem to be much fun competively. So GO TD & GO Red Alert!

Also enjoy Hecthor's new company, adds even more diversity to the commentary. And Jazz's soothing voice. He has the ultimate 'kings advisor voice' "My liege, we cannot afford to give the people a chance, we must slay the revolution with force"

Some things that can be improved: during the game inform the viewers of the bigger picture. With that I mean mention the score between Team A and Team B. "Team A, which is the left team, is 2-0 ahead. Team B must win this game to have a chance." The commenters can either tell this or show it inscreen with some kind of overlay?

I also noticed that Hecthor is controlling the spectator screen, and he is fairly new to OpenRA (but adapting quicly). FiveAces and SoScared always do a great job in toggling between views: early in the game it is interesting to see what parts of the base have been scouted (what info a player/team has). Later on during the game it is interesting to see if a player has already spotted that army coming from the south, or the expansion just behind the base, etc. Switching between views can be done using hotkeys, so Hecthor may give this some practice for next week's games. Have to say that especially SoScared is an expert in this so he may be able to teach you the ropes :)

But I'm looking forward to next week! The weak teams are getting more rare and now the pro teams will take up on eachother!

Oh! Will there be a grand final? Or same format? Hope the final match will have a slightly hard race to X. E.g.: 3 single matches + 2 team matches (best of 5)

Also I heard about people wanting to chip in for a next tournament. I'll add $25 to the prizepool for the next tournament, it's something.

As for my lag: really dont know why, although my laptop is from 2010 I think :D So I think it has some shady virusses on it killing my RAM to mine bitcoins or such. I dont download (with a client) so that cannot be it.
Last edited by noobmapmaker on Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KillaB

Post by KillaB »

noobmapmaker wrote: I hope users no more choose Dune2K as it just doesnt seem to be much fun competively.
Couldn't agree more. I enjoyed watching FiveAces and SoScared have an impromptu game (thanks for taking my suggestion!), but bracketed games weren't as fun to watch.

hotze

Post by hotze »

noobmapmaker wrote: I hope users no more choose Dune2K as it just doesnt seem to be much fun competively. So GO TD & GO Red Alert!
I thought it was pretty awesome that people picked Dune2k.
The mod needs more exposure and more players.
Only then will the devs be able to properly balance it.
With 60+ viewers it was perfect timing.
Of course you would have had 'better' matches with a mod that people are familiar with,
but it was still enjoyable.

Hecthor Doomhammer

noobmapmaker wrote: Also enjoy Hecthor's new company, adds even more diversity to the commentary
Thanks, I'm glad this community is so welcoming of new people.
Some things that can be improved: during the game inform the viewers of the bigger picture. With that I mean mention the score between Team A and Team B. "Team A, which is the left team, is 2-0 ahead. Team B must win this game to have a chance." The commenters can either tell this or show it inscreen with some kind of overlay?
I think that FiveAces and SoScared are not familiar enough with all the possibilities of OBS. Not even I am, despite being a streamer for nearly 3 years. But I'll gladly share all my knowledge.
If you'd end up looking at my stream, with all of the extra facecams, chat etc, it would clutter the screen even more, and editing the information on stream, while possible, would take up more time of idling.
I'll give it a go during the Semi Finals / Finals.
I also noticed that Hecthor is controlling the spectator screen, and he is fairly new to OpenRA (but adapting quicly). FiveAces and SoScared always do a great job in toggling between views: early in the game it is interesting to see what parts of the base have been scouted (what info a player/team has). Later on during the game it is interesting to see if a player has already spotted that army coming from the south, or the expansion just behind the base, etc. Switching between views can be done using hotkeys, so Hecthor may give this some practice for next week's games. Have to say that especially SoScared is an expert in this so he may be able to teach you the ropes :)
I have very little time during the day, but then 5A and SoScared are unavailable. And by the time I get home, it's midnight for all 3 of us and they have to get up early the next day again, so it'll be hard to get it done.
But I'm certain that by next tourney, I'd have things figured out a bit, since I do learn quite quickly (it's just a matter of remembering to actuially do stuff)
Oh! Will there be a grand final? Or same format? Hope the final match will have a slightly hard race to X. E.g.: 3 single matches + 2 team matches (best of 5)
I'm fairly certain we can come up with something. We already have something coo planned for post finals.
Also I heard about people wanting to chip in for a next tournament. I'll add $25 to the prizepool for the next tournament, it's something.
In that case you should leave a donation on my channel (preferably during a stream so it shows up on stream) as the (or a) next tournament held will be hosted by me and the prizepool already exists and is always eager to get bigger.

noobmapmaker

Post by noobmapmaker »

Hecthor Doomhammer wrote: snip
Yeah it shouldnt clutter the creen more, this is just right with enough space to view both the game, the casters+ chat.

As for switchings views: its easy! there are hotkeys for this, I think it was 8,9,0 and - or something. Ill try it later so I can come up with the proper hotkeys. But most importantly: know when to switch! :)

Imo there are some clear moments:
1) somewhere early when they are (finished) scouting. Switch to view Team A to see what they have scouted of the enemy base and view Team B to see what they have scouted. We then know what information they have - or dont have!

2) when something sneaky is happening or is just in/out of view. Can he see it or not?

3) When a big attack is coming and the player probably doesnt know it it is fun to switch to the unknowing player and see how he sees the army suddenly coming out of the fog.

As for the prize money: have to get my paycheck first! And prefer to donate it when plans are cristallizing, but take my word for it!

Looking forward to next week!!

Hecthor Doomhammer

Next session will feature the Semifinals, starting Saturday 12-03-2016 at 13:00 GMT

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

Ladies and Gentlemen, this day marks the conclusion of the Tag Team Tournament,
an event that has surpassed all our previous tournaments in scale and magnitude,
and what a run it has been!

From the initial bracket hassles and timezone confusion to a finale as smooth as butter,
we as a community have learned something and actually have grown closer.
Thanks to everyone for participating, especially those who have been kept in the loop for days
due to the brackets being shuffled around so much during the initial stages of the show!
A big shoutout to all those who joined me in organizing this,
in particular SoScared, Hecthor Doomhammer, JazZ_KSC and Ripley.
Also, Kudos to Strelkov, our ever-vigilante substitute player!

The matches will be uploaded both on my and Doomhammers' respective youtube channels
(https://www.youtube.com/user/CovertFlobert and https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtp3X7 ... Ii076Ksgqg);
for those who are just keen on the results, here goes the anti-spoiler wall:

Congrats to The Amholes for taking the well-deserved victory in our Tag Team Tournament!
With FrameLimiter not dropping a single Red Alert game and Barf beating the TD veteran Anjew on his hometurf,
the finale ended with a decisive 6-0.
The Prize Fighters, led by Amphy, came second thanks to an incredibly tense semi-final matchup versus The Art Of Fire,
where they unexpectedly managed to push Murto The Ray and Gatekeeper out of the tournament.

It is through such events that we are trying to expand the OpenRA playerbase,
both on a casual level by encouraging stream viewers to download and play the game
and on a competitive level by having the players push each other and the game to new levels.
In that regard, I think the Tag Team Tournament was a great success
(despite all the mishaps that occurred in the earlier brackets, both on our end and some of the players' hands),
and I'd like to thank all the viewers of the stream for dedicating the better part of two weekends watching us shout at our screens.

Many a new meme has been born (#trikeathlon, Peace Through Low Power!),
and the journey we have embarked on in order to explore the limits of this game is far from over.
The Comcast crew will be back with another competitive event after the summer holidays.
Until then, stay tuned for our regular content, especially SoScared's Monday streams and Hecthor Doomhammer's first OpenRA tournament that is looming on the horizon!

With that said, it is in good tradition to end this post with the traditional catchphrase:

FiveAces out!