Registration thread - Red Alert European League (RA:EL)

First come, first served.

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.
SoScared

Registration thread - Red Alert European League (RA:EL)

Post by SoScared »

Red Alert European League

(as in European timezone-favoured League. There's no restrictions on country of residence)

Main Thread Link, containing rules and format.

You register for the league by announcing your interest in this thread. For future promotions and qualifications matches (next season) you register to the Queue.

The 'Beta Season' will be announced during the new years' holidays and will most likely take place in early february.

Season Alpha

• We'll have 3 players playing Monday 16th (group A), another 3 on Monday 23rd (group B) and then 2 players for the finals (best of 5) on Monday 30th November. The start of each session is 19:00/7:00pm UTC as is with my regular 1v1 monday streams.
  • Registration will follow a first come, first served principle, meaning the first 6 players are given the group stage slots, while the rest are placed in a queue to replace and challenge group stage players in future seasons. Players in queue are also first in line to fill additional slots given potential league expansions and no-shows.
  • Registered players in the group stage will be required to block off some time for minimum 2,5 hours from 19:00/7:00 pm UTC for their group session in addition to 2 hours on the 30th for the finals. Experience tells us the matches on the tested maps usually takes no longer than 20 minutes, giving us approximately 2 hours in the group stage for 6 matches. This requires players to be on time at start of the stream in order to give us a seamless session.
  • If for whatever reason players are unable to meet up to their designated slots, I need to be notified as soon as possible in order for me to recruit a new contender from the queue well ahead of the stream.
  • There'll be a private server up during the sessions, called 'RA:EL - Alpha Season'
    password: 'alpha'

Registered players

Group Stage (Season Alpha):

(A) Anjew
(A) FiveAces
(A) Weeman
(B) Hi
(B) Murto the Ray
(B) Gatekeeper

Queue
01 - Kyrylo
02 - American Blunt
03 - Narius
04 - PersianImmortal
05 - Spy
06 - Zoidberg
07 - Holloweye

*awaiting confirmation notice means players are apt to be replaced until I'm confident they've properly registered their interest and are familiar with the format and schedule.

Contact information:

- PM my Sleipnir username
- SoScared123@GMail.com
- I'm occasionally to be found on IRC at #OpenRA.
Last edited by SoScared on Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:48 pm, edited 55 times in total.

anjew

Post by anjew »

Sign me up, im interested in getting better at RA

Murto the Ray

Post by Murto the Ray »

Join me up!

kyrylo

Post by kyrylo »

Hey, that sounds like a fun tournament. Sign me up to the second queue, please. I won't be able to play immediately in the first queue, but would love to do that later.

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

kyrylo wrote: Hey, that sounds like a fun tournament. Sign me up to the second queue, please. I won't be able to play immediately in the first queue, but would love to do that later.
That's great! There's just one continuous queue atm, but there won't be any action for it until the next season. The 1st and 2nd players in the queue will either replace the relegated players from the current group stage or fill in on a possible group stage expansion from 3 to 4 players. We're aiming for a second season (Beta League) in early february 2016!

seanyscott

Post by seanyscott »

Hooraisins c: M3 w4nts 2 pl4y 2

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Loving it! thanks Sean :)

weeman

Post by weeman »

does this tournament have many ppl in it. Sign me up

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

weeman wrote: does this tournament have many ppl in it. Sign me up
I think that would be obvious from the main post, did you read it fully? Sorry for being picky but I need to make absolutely sure the players are informed on the format and schedule to ensure a smooth experience in the stream sessions. I cannot afford any confusion on this as the format is super fragile to no-shows.

With that said, please conform again your registration (honestly I'm not trying to be a dick) and I'd be ecstatic placing you in this seasons' group stage :)

Hi

Post by Hi »

SoScared

Post by SoScared »

Hi wrote: .
LOL damn you Hi. I really want you to join. Please reaffirm.

*awaiting confirmation notice means players are apt to be replaced until I'm confident they've properly registered their interest and are familiar with the format and schedule.
Last edited by SoScared on Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi

Post by Hi »

yea im in

FiveAces

Post by FiveAces »

Sign me up, I'm game!

AmericanBlunt_

Post by AmericanBlunt_ »

Sugn me up: American Blunt

PersianImmortal

Post by PersianImmortal »

Not going to play because I'm not 100% sure on being able to make any of those dates but I might be getting a new mic and can possibly cast with you if you want some help lol