OpenRA 2v2 and 1v1 League

Announcements and discussion about community-run events.
schnitzl

OpenRA 2v2 and 1v1 League

Post by schnitzl »

Hey guys,

since we wanted a little more competition and good games in OpenRA we searched for a solution and finally founded http://www.myleague.com/openra/ and for 2on2 http://www.myleague.com/openra2on2/

This is a platform to create (for free) leagues to challange your friends in a game. Fapperonipizza and me are testing this system right now, and we would be happy to invite you to join us. I have to admit that it isnt that easy and the site is kind of weird.....but after a while you get a hang of it. Watch out: You create an account for each league! It can be the same username+mail.

Just create an account, and try to challange one of us, or even both (2v2 - our name is ConyardCrushers).... To challange me: http://www.myleague.com/openra/standings/ click on Formal challage and put in e.g. "schnitzl". I will get an email notification, after we played a game you have to report that you lost the game. Easy as that.

I suggest #openra on freenode to organize the games. You have 7 days to accept a challange!

edit
Since new players are not ranked yet go to http://www.myleague.com/openra/community/ and check out "New Members" to challange them....as I said, its a little bit complicated at the beginning.

I hope I will get a lot of challanges from you guys.
See you ingame.

schnitzl

Post by schnitzl »

Challenge Guide

The Purpose
In order to make sure that everyone has a fair stab at getting to the top of the Ladder we have introduced the Formal Challenge system. This allows you to specifically challenge another user for a match through our Web page. If you are having trouble finding a user in chat, that you need to play, this is for you.
Formal Challenge Rules
There are some special rules surrounding formal challenges. It is pretty straight-forward and the rules may differ from ladder to ladder based on the number of participants on that ladder.

You have to be within a rank range to utilize the formal challenge system (Generally 50 or better on larger ladders, 20 or better on smaller ones).

You may have only one formal challenge involving you at any time:

You may issue one formal challenge at a time, or

One formal challenge may be issued against you at any time.

You are restricted from challenging the same user twice in a row for a period of time (This prevents friends from locking up their challenge slots).

You have a pre-determined number of days during which to play challenges (This varies depending on the ladder size and activity level).

Failure to complete a formal challenge will result in BOTH players receiving a failure in their records. Accumulation of three failures will result in penalties (This discourages BOTH users from avoiding a challenge). A permanent note is also made on the user records.

Formal challenges are recorded automatically when you report ladder results. There is no special reporting procedure. They will show up in the daily results as a formal challenge.

A challenge is cleared immediately following a match report. This means that as soon as you play a challenge another challenge can be filed against you.

Players in the top ten are eligible to challenge any member of the top ten ranked better than they are. Players outside of the top ten are limited to challenging half the distance of their rank. For example, if you are ranked 20 you could challenge anyone ranked 10-19. If you are ranked 50, however, you can only challenge those ranked 25-49.

You cannot challenge someone ranked under you.

Challenges
To make a challenge complete the form on the FORMAL CHALLENGE link. This will record your formal challenge or inform you why you cannot make the challenge.

The challenged player will be sent an E-mail letting them know about the challenge issued against them. Bounced E-mail will be considered a forfeit.

Challenged players should contact the player challenging them via E-mail or in chat to arrange a match time.

Players who have made the challenge should contact the challenged via E-mail if they have not heard anything within a day or so of issuing the challenge, or find the user in chat.

Formal Challenges are satisfied by playing a normal Ladder match using standard Ladder rules or by playing a tournament match if the tournament is a LadderStats tournament.

Formal challenges take priority over all other matches. If someone has a formal challenge against you and they are available to play, you must play them next.

schnitzl

Post by schnitzl »

Since a lot players had problems with challanges I made a little tutorial.

Go to http://www.myleague.com/openra/standings/ and make an account. The usual webservice stuff you have done a million times...

Finsihed...? Good! Now click on "Standings" and then, just below, on "Formal Challange". This is a "FORMAL CHALLANGE".
It has to be the exact Name of the opponent....just check under "Community" the "New Member" tab to find someone who is not yet listed!!

The Opponent gets an email (AND he can see it on the page on the right side "you have been challanged by FAP"). He has to respond within a few days. You can also organize a match in IRC or Skype or whatever....just like "DUDE you want to play 1v1 league game???". That is because the system has nothing to do with OpenRA, its an external service. Just make it clear that you want a LEAGUE GAME! You cant say afterwards "dude..this was league game, right"! Dont be stupid...If you wanna make things save, just go the "formal challange" way!

Now just play your game. Remember to keep the replay (just in case), and in case of crashes save the LOG FILES!

The loser now has to report the loss....after this, the new rank of both players will be calculated. If the loser does no report the loss, send me or fap the replay, we will check it, and decide.

klaas

Post by klaas »

Ok, I'll join. Did anyone ever play a league game yet... ?

wusche1

Post by wusche1 »

I wonder if there is a way to implement a ranked, passworded server for OpenRA. That might be a solution that will work for a small community - at least for a while.