I wish to create a custom or modded menu for maps! kinda like Melon's

Help needing knowing which coding files and where to put the codes to build a modded map menu!

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
Raderall

I wish to create a custom or modded menu for maps! kinda like Melon's

Post by Raderall »

Hello I wish to create what I call a 2.0 Menu. The thing is I don't know which .xml documents or files I need to find and code to do this.
So If you tell me which files to mod and where to put them in the map maker, or if I need to just open the map as a text and place the code in. I'd like to know how to do this. So here's the list features I have planned for this project.

Replacement of the crates switch on and off feature with the option to instead check it to be a money only crate, and just maybe a replacement conyard,

Increasement of the game's normal speed option by .5% and a name change from Normal to Quicker

To Increase Slow's Speed to what was the original Normal speed setting, and to replace it's name with Vanilla,

Someone told me it may be faster here to just increase the games overall speed by .5% and to just move the fastest setting to the bottom of the list and make it the new Slowest and to rename the option 2 and 3. What you think on this on here?

A drop down menu of a list of map mods you can select to enable. Imagine if you could play it as it is, and one some days select RAGL or B1 or something, instead of needing a special map for it.

Forest Fire Option, Imagine TS Style forest fires, say you hit the trees with tank shells or a nuke goes off, they now catch fire and after burning, now have a damage version, and while what's left of the trees would still be in the map as this is how RA1 was originally made, This now means that infantry can move through burned trees and stuff, even if they do move kinda slowly, Then again maybe it's better the trees just burn away and maybe this should be a full "Destroyable Terrian Feature

The option to start with what I call a Scouting party, 1 veteran Rifle Infantry and 5 Technicians. Seems kinda lonely starting with just 1 long mcv. would be more realistic to have a little more, but at the same time a full rifle squad would be a little imbalanced here.
and like I said, this would be cool if the official OPENRA team would use this as well.

Raderall

Re: I wish to create a custom or modded menu for maps! kinda like Melon's

Post by Raderall »

Yeah what coding documents do I use as reference to open the .yaml map file and paste inside to code?

abcdefg30

Re: I wish to create a custom or modded menu for maps! kinda like Melon's

Post by abcdefg30 »

Hi. The lobby settings are exposed via their traits. You can search for "lobby" or "checkbox" on https://docs.openra.net/en/release/traits/ . See https://docs.openra.net/en/release/trai ... techeckbox for an example for a trait that can be added for custom behaviour.