ORA Pink Dawn

A mod based on ORA Tiberian Dawn

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
MlemandPurrs

ORA Pink Dawn

Post by MlemandPurrs »

This is a mod that has started as there was a distinct lack of Tiberian Dawn in the OpenRA's TD mod. Everything was behaving differently, the game was almost unrecognisable changed, wanted to play something that is closer to the classics so have simply gone and made myself one instead of endlessly complaining about how different everything has gotten to be.
For one i definitely wanted to keep stuff like the improved tech-tree, multi-queues and the plethora of other improvements OpenRA makes upon the original. On the other hand the combat was playing way too different, the major offender was the weapon-ranges being too damn high, as it simply broke every possible scenario as nothing had been made with those 'realistic' ranges in mind. The self-reloading choppers borrowed from C&C Generals was another offender as it made air units way too deadly than they ever intended to be, there was unit changes like SSM Launcher somehow became a mobile SAM for Nod that allowed them to shut-down air completely, or the APC with a Flak gun on top of it's carrying capacity that was already too powerful on its own and unstoppable once had disgorged it's passengers to assist.
So ive gotten to work, one of the first things done was to seperate the Flak Turreted apc into becoming its own unit, that came later at Radar-tier and without carrying capacity, the SSM Launcher returned, the Helicopters had been changed to re-arm at helipad.
Somehow the result still ended up being noticeably different, however atleast majority of the stuff was closer to the original. Then ive figured since this is my mod, why not add some stuff of my own ?
There have been other changes which i have done that are of my own opinion, like the Temple of Nod requiring a Bio Lab to be built in order to begin charging up, or Technology center being integrated into the Tech-tree of GDI, the Stealth Tank were given a turret, made Flamers immune to their own weapon so that they can be used in groups, added a Radar Scan power for scouting that gets granted by HQ, etc.

It did not stop there however, a thought was scratching at the back of my head, once upon a time i had made another mod, 'C&C All' there was the idea simply put as TD + RA factions playing together in the same game. So in a itch of modding decided to reboot that using what ive made as the template for it.

When that was complete it has occured to me i had a somewhat unique "bossnod" faction, the Blackhand there in that old mod. As last thing have made a version featuring that on top of the four factions from TD + RA. And so it was made, the thing that is Pink Dawn.

I suppose thats enough blurb, and now for some links in case anyone would ever like to try out the mod.

This is the base mod, as in features only GDI and Nod:
https://github.com/MlemandPurrs/ora-pin ... tion-vol-V

This is the C&C All reboot edition of it, featuring TD + RA factions:
https://github.com/MlemandPurrs/ora-pin ... -galore-v4

And finally the version with the Blackhand on top of that:
https://github.com/MlemandPurrs/ora-pin ... ne-edition