Improved Dune2K Mod.

Natural classic map for desert battle with her own rules.

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
Markis

Improved Dune2K Mod.

Post by Markis »

Hello...So ive finally managed to set a map with her own rules. Its quite harder than classic game, but the map offer a new functions and tactical elements. Unfortunately, not all uprages are directly accord my wish. Program is easy crashing or dismatching the game version. Some actions are quite complicated as work with a new repairing or healing engineers or assassinations with the modified Saboteur. I would like to set more tasks on battlefield for those Engineers, but still dont know how to script them for. ( Similar Mechanic Function from Red Alert working also in Dune 2K and Vehicles with second link HP of Engines, damaged while moving through desert or additionaly over time by spice bloom explosions ) The Vehicles long time without service should leave ownership of player but stay on the map recapturable by a new function of Engineer. Its nessecary motive for a new assassin roles of some units as trikes, or Saboteurs. Quad can have ability transport passenger 1. Mostly for engineer load and fast transport into nessecary location, so he can easier save damaged vehicle or capture eliminated vehicle by hostile desert Enviroment. ( Destroyed Engine of Vehicle / Similar Mechanic Red Alert on little different Base ) Engineer need more automatic function. But i dont know how to skript him for. Because all in this mod is bit more expensive...I would like to set another combat and economic modifiers while playing the game for more ranks. Six instead original four. Here is the map for Dune2K v.20210321 https://resource.openra.net/maps/44113/
Last edited by Markis on Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Markis

Six Ranks instead original four for Dune 2k.

Post by Markis »

200: rank-adept +skills classic original
400: rank-veteran +skills classic original
800: rank-elite +skills classic original
1600: rank-officer +aura for other type units nearby. new factor ( Gold Brick from Tiberian Sun )
3200: rank-general +aura for other type units nearby. new factor ( 2x Gold Bricks from Tiberian Sun )
6400: rank-national leader +special economic ability ( - lesser value from new trained type units )
6 Star rank player usually send back into the base to fullfil her new economic ability instead fighting. Natural Space for a new ranks gained in combat. Highest ranks was usually wasting the XP for other units anyway. Maximum combat potencial from units XP was Wasted by this way. Defense towers are also wasting the XP and need to fix this problem somehow for maximum profit from Combat XP what player can get while playing a single scenario. ( Perhaps load passenger infantry 1 into tower and XP for destroying targets by tower for her passenger as usefull possibility ). Buildings are different problem...When 8 and more players are playing and some one is Disconected from the game for some reason. His remaining buildings are very free XP for Nearby player by the ,,lucky cheat´´So he should be crashing with all units and structures also due disconecting from the game. ( Fixing the Bestial behavior of some players hidding the MCV into Corner of map and Dissconect from the Game / RA XP ) More Combat XP Leveling Dune2K Come On!!! Attract the players. Better rules...Imperial Rules created by Markis de Noob. - SPIKED Crown 2015 -
Last edited by Markis on Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:57 pm, edited 23 times in total.

Markis

More players attract into Dune 2K Online.

Post by Markis »

But i dont know how script such beautiful tactical Updates...Im Still dreaming as Enlightened Prophet...3x Star Six Rank at light Infantry...Sending them back into base because now im training light infantry for 60 per unit instead basic value 75. -5,-5,-5...very cool modifier...( with a limit -60% of basic training value for example ) 3x Star Rank 6 Combat tank value 650 with a three tank Leaders / - 50, - 50, -50 both for Factory and Starport mayby. How many tank leaders you will get on the Hugest maps??? Open modifier for very big and long games ( Secret Gem of Dune 2K ).I dont know why they end in four ranks...and so poor boosts...Officer attack modifier for nearby type units. General + Defense modifier for nearby type units in larger radius...Very Interesting face of Dune 2K. The Each House is changing himself while playing per individual combat skills of player. No Atreides like Atreides, No Ordos like Ordos. No Harkonnen like Harkonnen...Very Unstatic STRATEGY. Im sure this update shall attract more players to Online Server. Cult Strategy in basic but need better combat rules for interesting fun and Expanding Strategical mind of the players. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qsUvCmA7PI
Last edited by Markis on Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:09 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Markis

Re: Improved Dune2K Mod.

Post by Markis »

Destroyed vehicle´s engine by desert enviroment leave the ownership of player but light infantry can escape from the vehicle. Engineer shall proceed the Sacrifice while recapturing destroyed engine of Neutral unit. ( This event shall be repeating in longer interval so it will be not so weird. Player shall forget quickly wich vehicle were already recaptured by engineer ) Allmost Same like in Red Alert. While Engineer is only repairing by his toolkit. Both Health and Health Engine of vehicle will be raising per longer interval...So service depot will by naturally better and faster...But only in Base of course. Manual repairs of Buildings by Player´s Wrench disable or let more expensive so my Engineer is a worthy strategical and important element in the game. Naturally better and real Dune Strategy.
Last edited by Markis on Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Markis

Are you allready repairing your poor rules???

Post by Markis »

Im preparing a new bigger map than Arrakeen Air so i was little rebalancing the units ...Slightly increasing damage of trikes, tiny decreasing damage mini rocket launcher of Quads -100 ( quads too strong vs tanks ) and troopers rate of fire +5 (Trikes now will be better when suprise the infantry HMG2150 2x15mm twin autocannon was too weak ), and add +5 km speed to each combat tank. Ranks Parametres are optional / experimental imaging the limits. I would like to play six ranks with a officers, generals and leaders...Changing fremen rebel small explosion to piff and no devastating the terrain ( Quite good renamed to AT Gun 30mm / Little Sniper with a Shotgun :-). and mayby some other tiny updates i shall proceed while testing of the new map. Wall value decrease to 100. - Dune COMBAT Designer / Chinnese Tiger 4.3.1986 -
Last edited by Markis on Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:06 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Markis

Powerwolf

Post by Markis »

I willl Crush you soon for your Poor Rules..YOU! and all your Vermains! The Guy who shall Subdue the Pentagon! Put my Arrakeen Air Improved Rules with all updates what i have mean in this Post. - Emperor SPIKED Crown -
Last edited by Markis on Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Markis

No way Out!

Post by Markis »

Im not Blind, Online Dune2K is boring and DEAD!!! Potencial of good old cult Classic Game Wasted cause rules defined by Noobs ...This will help a lot. More tactical Strategy than Economic mass wasting. Very dissapointed player who can see the better ´´Ground Only´´ Strategy Advantage in Disatvantage. ( Cinema Playing with a more combat XP Leveling Dune and better combat design, ( Leaders and Assassins Mod for Multiplayer Online ) only bigger rescripting of whole game rules...Not so much work...For better Online PvP Fun ) - Sudden Striker -

Markis

Red Alert Game XP.

Post by Markis »

https://resource.openra.net/maps/43678/ How old are you Childrens??? Age Question: 33, 34 Answer of Players. Map Author: Ups 35. Me think ill be right. My rules could attract right this category of Players. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERwU_j1hxlA. Special New Deadly Deviator as classic combat unit...So you have second link for HP of Vehicles Engine Free. Hostile Desert Enviroment is very real Stategical Factor. ( For Structures and Vehicles / The Base full of working Technicians Inside surrouned by wall against the assassins is looking very naturally forcing the players to play like in the old good times ) - Katyusha Forever -
Last edited by Markis on Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:53 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Markis

Example for modified ranks

Post by Markis »

DamageMultiplier@RANK-1:
RequiresCondition: rank-veteran == 1
Modifier: 90
DamageMultiplier@RANK-2:
RequiresCondition: rank-veteran == 2
Modifier: 80
DamageMultiplier@RANK-3:
RequiresCondition: rank-veteran == 3
Modifier: 60
FirepowerMultiplier@RANK-1:
Modifier: 115
FirepowerMultiplier@RANK-2:
Modifier: 130
FirepowerMultiplier@RANK-3:
Modifier: 145
SpeedMultiplier@RANK-1:
Modifier: 105
SpeedMultiplier@RANK-2:
Modifier: 110
SpeedMultiplier@RANK-3:
Modifier: 115
ReloadDelayMultiplier@RANK-1:
Modifier: 95
ReloadDelayMultiplier@RANK-2:
ReloadDelayMultiplier@RANK-3:
Modifier: 70
InaccuracyMultiplier@RANK-1:
Modifier: 90
InaccuracyMultiplier@RANK-2:
InaccuracyMultiplier@RANK-3:
Modifier: 70

Higher ranks 4-5 should gain some combat aura ability for other type units Nearby. 6 Ranks is Gaining aditional Economic Ability rather for Base function behind defense out of combat. They are wasting lot of XP. - Better dune Playing for sure / Very Unstatic STRATEGY -