Astrological Triggers

Question

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
zEcs Cilnt

Astrological Triggers

Post by zEcs Cilnt »

The question is "Making new events?"

What would I need to do if I wanted to use astrological significance in trigger events.

An example for astrological significance is that when your units are traveling East: the AI responds offensively, as opposed traveling west=defensive, north=money saving, south=construction responsive. Up is different than down, left to right, foreword to back.

the idea is to make the map real life like. we are bombarded by astrological factors such as this always, so if triggers in the map responded accordingly one could use their physical senses to play rather than such a blank sensual experience. feelings tell you things as in when to do things and when not to do them, astrology is how.

what I require is some hint into the right direction towards making new events and actions.

If anyone has any sort of hint or anything, something to speed me up. I'm forked in at github & have only just begun dabbling with code. I got into OpenRA yesterday, and lua scripts last night and believe I am close.

Ronald

Re: Astrological Triggers

Post by Ronald »

I got an idea or [n]
1. Dynamic Weather:which moves around the map
Areas where for example permanent fog bank block your vision so you can only see 1 cell around a unit inside that fogged area
Suddenly increasing rain/snow fall, which alters the terrain locally, reducing unit movement speeds.

2. Dynamics lighting:
Start with a Daytime (lighted) map, which - over time - turning into a lower-visility dusk/dawn/night (lightend) map?

3. Maps with (LUA-scripted) disasters in them - Think Sim City disaster scenario
- https://www.ign.com/wikis/simcity/Disasters
- https://simcity.fandom.com/wiki/Disasters
Just when you think you are doing well in battle, the randomized s*** hits the fan and disaster strikes randomly
- in map_location / disaster_duration / disaster_strenght
- forcing players to reorganise your remaining unit(if any left), since you have lost some
- forcing players to rebuild portions of your base (due to an earthquake, tornado, flooding)

Is this the type of events you are looking for or something else?