Astrological Triggers

Question

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
zEcs Cilnt

Astrological Triggers

Post by zEcs Cilnt »

The question is "Making new events?"

What would I need to do if I wanted to use astrological significance in trigger events.

An example for astrological significance is that when your units are traveling East: the AI responds offensively, as opposed traveling west=defensive, north=money saving, south=construction responsive. Up is different than down, left to right, foreword to back.

the idea is to make the map real life like. we are bombarded by astrological factors such as this always, so if triggers in the map responded accordingly one could use their physical senses to play rather than such a blank sensual experience. feelings tell you things as in when to do things and when not to do them, astrology is how.

what I require is some hint into the right direction towards making new events and actions.

If anyone has any sort of hint or anything, something to speed me up. I'm forked in at github & have only just begun dabbling with code. I got into OpenRA yesterday, and lua scripts last night and believe I am close.

Ronald

Re: Astrological Triggers

Post by Ronald »

Last edited by Ronald on Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matt

Re: Astrological Triggers

Post by Matt »

You usually do this with https://docs.openra.net/en/latest/release/lua/#trigger OnEnteredFootprint, OnEnteredProximityTrigger and the like.