Hires Tile Set editor available? over 2K resolution sprites?

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
patrik3dspacek

Hires Tile Set editor available? over 2K resolution sprites?

Post by patrik3dspacek »

I am preparing ambitious project, if the tool exist. It would be great, if somebody could help me out.
There are lots of mods, but none of them has any hires tile set option like 2048x pixels or higher to be able to re-create all art and follow the original design.
My question is, is it the game code issue that cannot draw super hires textures / sprites? if does, can somebody mod it to read and show hires tile sets?

What I see now, its just a bigger screen resolution that makes it tiny. I have 4k monitor and everything is so small. So, my plan is to re-create the art to make it as it was on screen in the original, instead of having zoom out results.

I already looked at some structures (Dune2000 ie), i.e. Wind Trap is 64x96 pixels and I would like to make them at least a double / triple of that size. I always prefer 512 pixels per sprite if possible. It means 1024x spritesheet with 4 frames animation OR 2048x spritesheet with 16 frames animation per structure.
I believe, to make it work somebody have to update the code saying, that the new structure is taken more space on the field etc. My point is, I dont want to have zoom out resolution and make everything tiny, I want to keep same close up camera as the original and add hires images of new version. Something like a remake of Starcraft.

And, yes! I would re-render / re-paint all units, also work on new animations per unit / structure etc. Lots of work, and I would be willing to do that, if it would be supported.

If somebody wants to cooperate on this, you are more than welcome.
HD version developer

patrik3dspacek

Re: Hires Tile Set editor available? over 2K resolution sprites?

Post by patrik3dspacek »

As I can see, based on none responses, hires is too much for this game to handle, ...then I am giving up.
HD version developer

Matt

Re: Hires Tile Set editor available? over 2K resolution sprites?

Post by Matt »

is on its way.