Mod Game Server and Pipleline

What are the requirements for setting up a game server which hosts a non-default mod and input on available pipelines.

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
SirCake

Mod Game Server and Pipleline

Post by SirCake »

Hello Guys,

another request, this time for help!

I was wondering if it is difficult to set up an OpenRA server (how long did it take you?), and which kind of computer model would be minimally required or which one you would think is optimal (to have running all the time).

The reason behind that is that I want to host a d2kA server with 1-3 game lobbies, which serves the modifications I make and to have a server ready to play d2kA on.

Also, I wondered whether you guys have a pipeline I can use or mostly "copy-paste" for deploying a build to said server. I can't imagine this is done manually every release. No need to reinvent the wheel, IF there is something available..

If you point me to the right resources I'm sure I can manage. I have some experience with linux as well, I guess that's the most likely operating system for such a server. And git and jenkins and travis and the like..

I don't need all that stuff NOW, but it would be nice to have a plan ready.

Cheers,
SirCake

prawda

Re: Mod Game Server and Pipleline

Post by prawda »

Hi,

we have a fork of Combined Arms mod integrated with docker and CI it via github actions. Just set it up a couple of days ago:

https://github.com/patrickwieth/CAmod

As server I have this and it easily hosts several instances of the game (whenever we were tracking down lag spikes it never was the server):
https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt ... odukt=2005

I dunno if you can see the configuration of github actions not being a contributor, but also I guess setting up the docker is the bigger trouble anyway

SirCake

Re: Mod Game Server and Pipleline

Post by SirCake »

Thanks for the info, I'll look into it. That's another way to do it.^^