Part 2 of my "First time modding OpenRA." topic.

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
Columbius

Part 2 of my "First time modding OpenRA." topic.

Post by Columbius »

(Please, read the previous topic before helping me.) I'm trying to fix 1 minor bug and 1 major problem in the Carryall I modified. The minor bug is that the Carryall won't show its healthbar when I select it and move my cursor away from it (Will show its healthbar when I hover my cursor over it). I'm trying to fix the minor bug because I think that prevents the Carryall from letting go of a vehicle when it grabs the vehicle (Will let go of the vehicle when it flies and lands). The major bug is that the Carryall can fly to shroud and I'm trying to make the Carryall unable to fly to shroud.

EDIT: I fixed the minor bug (which is actually not a bug) by giving the Carryall SelectionDecorations: but that doesn't fix the problem about the Carryall not letting go of a vehicle when it grabs the vehicle (and will still let go of the vehicle when it flies and lands)

abcdefg30

Re: Part 2 of my "First time modding OpenRA." topic.

Post by abcdefg30 »

I think you'll have to add "MoveIntoShroud: false" to the "Aircraft" trait to prevent them from moving into shroud. If you have trouble with the carryall setup I would recommend looking how our TS mod defines it (you can view the yaml files here https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/tree/b ... s/ts/rules ).

Columbius

Re: Part 2 of my "First time modding OpenRA." topic.

Post by Columbius »

MoveIntoShroud: false didn't work and I don't see anything about preventing a unit to go to shroud in the OpenRA TS Carryall.

EDIT: I made a mistake. I was actually giving "MoveIntoShroud: false" to a cloned Carryall (used to bring a new harvester to your newly built refinery). Thanks for helping me, as usual!