Make mobile repair vehicle - is it possible? TD

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
bodomalo

Make mobile repair vehicle - is it possible? TD

Post by bodomalo »

Do you think there is any way that I can make a

Hovercraft, that has the function of a mobile repair base? You move the vehicle onto it and it receives - on damage

So far I was only able to give it a weapon that does repairs...but that does not look really good. I want the vehicle to park on the hover and receive repairs.

Can a vehicle Inherit things from "FIX" ?

Giving it
RepairsUnits:
HpPerStep: 1000
Interval: 7
FinishRepairingNotification: UnitRepaired
PlayerExperience: 15
WithRepairAnimation:

Does not do anything...

Blackened

Post by Blackened »

The trait wiki https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/wiki/Traits can help when trying to find what will work or what is wrong.

I think in this case though you need to add the new actor into acceptable places for vehicles to go to repairs.

Inq

Post by Inq »

In defaults.yaml you need to add it to the list of places vehicles/tanks can repair.

^vehicle

Code: Select all

Repairable:
		RepairBuildings: fix, hovercraft
Personally, if you want things to drive onto it I think making it a deployable unit. That way it becomes a building and you can repair stuff, and then undeploy to move it again.

bodomalo

Post by bodomalo »

Inq wrote:
Personally, if you want things to drive onto it I think making it a deployable unit. That way it becomes a building and you can repair stuff, and then undeploy to move it again.

Hm..
The game crashed with: Actor type ^vehicle: Junk value `fix` on trait node RepairBuildings

But thanks for that idea, might be the only way, otherwise any vehicle becomes "cargo" when loaded onto the hoverboat

Other idea:
I was trying around a little bit with a "Repair-Weapon" that does healing. But it only works if I select the target/click on it (on allies). What would I have to do to make it auto-shoot on my own vehicles?

I inherited

Graion Dilach

Post by Graion Dilach »

You need to update the autotarget stances in order for the weapon-based repair to function (also, turreted repair vehicles won't work).

You can look at the TS Repair Vehicle's code for it.
AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2