Invalid configuration command

Multiplayer is still problematic with my map

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
Alley

Invalid configuration command

Post by Alley »

So I could make a mission at last in OpenRA and it runs good in Skirmish and in my own created server also.
Unfortunately, when I am admin on already created server then OpenRA crashes when clicking on "Options". It is probably related to Difficulty settings because when I already am in Options menu then the Battlefield Control says that the Invalid configuration command. Missions such as Infiltration have no problems in selecting difficulty. It is probably very difficult to make that much changes and testings because map must be uploaded to OpenRA Resource Center in order to share it with others and I have no time for taking that long as it took to make that mission because I am not that popular and I get no enough players for testing my mission. :|

May-be someone can teach this what must be changed in my map and may-be it can be fixed quite an easily. :)

Alley

Post by Alley »

Oh solved already! :D A custom map must not have more yaml files than 1 for map and 1 for rules although it may have defined more yaml files read from OpenRA where the game have been installed. However, instead of having several files for custom rules it is possible to merge those all for having everything defined in one. :)
I just had to edit one mission created by someone else, upload it to OpenRA Resource Center and test it in OpenRA until it would have the same problem as my project had for getting some imagination what is wrong with my oramap file. I had to do it because I cannot test map online if it haven't been uploaded to OpenRA Resource Center but I removed everything made just for testing and I am glad that I didn't get banned for spamming the server with copyrighted stuff. :P

I feel that I slowly am going to be better in mapping for OpenRA at last. I already can solve some stuff before someone reach to answer. :D