Page 1 of 4
SirCake's Mod/map Haven
Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:06 pm
this is a thread to post my own playtest maps and try out simple rules ideas and discuss them.
Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:21 pm
"I'll allow it"(IAI) ruleset:
Maximizes early game build orders.
* Construction Yard provides 30 power.
* No prerequisites: Barracks, Power, Refinery
* Techpath: Power -> Radar Dome (/Kennel)
* Production: Barracks -> Warfactory/Shipyard
* Building cameos switched for nicer progression.
Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:12 pm
Good initiative, will try to test it soon
Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:59 pm
Gave it a quick shot on Skirmish, definitely interesting !
There are more openings, especially for a Soviet player, who can really get a fast gren rush (barracks, then ref and selling barracks) (gren rushes are made easier in the new release btw !), as well as other options :
- greedy (no PP, double ref, selling 1st one)
- normal secure build (PP, rax, defence, ref)
- etc ...
A few suggestions :
- Why isn't the kennel available without PP ? Feels weird to be able to build barracks but no kennel
- How about reducing drastically Radar build time ? (i.e. 29s like SD), in order to allow a faster "air rush" build. (I've tried it, alongside a gren rush, but it still feels slow)
Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:15 pm
"Air Viablity Increased" (AVI) ruleset
--- version 004
Experiments with extended roles for aircraft and aircraft defenses.
* AA-Gun Damage reduced by 25%, but +1 vision.
* Adds experimental camo SAM site to soviet.
* Gives Mig and Longbow stealth and submarine detection.
* Gives Mig and Longbow anti-sub depth charges.
* Yak turn cicle reduced. Speed reduced. Flight altitude reduced. Cost reduced.
* Transport Helicopters can transport most vehicles. (most vehicles occupy 5 slots)
* Fixed sea transport to 16 capacity because of above changes.
* New soviet "Cossack" transport plane. Parachute-drops loaded vehicles/infantry.
Comment on v002:
This is the "AA-Gun nerf test map". Also added some interesting features to the never-to-be-seen chinook air transport. Camo SAM and Mig/Longbow interaction is just an experiment. It aims to make SAM and AA gun more distinct units. The slower YAK allows for more micro and reacion time.
Should give players enough reason to cause them to try air play :D
Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:22 pm
@Frenzy, Thanks :)
yea had the same feeling with radar dome... will keep this in mind for IAI v002.
Dogs, yes thought I keep them as kind of high tech units! Also Zerg..., ummm, Dog rushes seem funy ;) Will change as well in v002 to no tech.
Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:51 pm
The next revision of the AVI map is out, I took your feedback and turned it into something..
*I changed vehicle transport size to uniform 5. (except ranger=4, supply truck=2, mammoth&MAD-tank=8)
*Also corrected my math error with the AA-Gun nerf. :) Reducing damage by 60% was way too much since it increased the 'alive-under-fire-time' of planes by +200% (or three times as long) . Now its damage is reduced by only 25% which translates to +33% increased 'alive-under-fire-time'.
* other yak changes are experimental (but very justified if compared to the hind)
Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:12 pm
These are the changes:
- Sub Pent and Naval Yard detection range against Water added and set to 8c0
- Sub Pent from 800$ to 1000$
- added Sea Scorpion to Soviets:
#has the modell of the Gun Boat from Allies
#uses the same weapons as the Mobile Flak but damage against light from 60 to 10 against ground units
#cost to 700$
- Missilbe Sub:
#spread from 2c938 to 0c512
#AA weapon has been removed
#attackrange from 16c0 to 22c0
#spread from 2c938 to 2c0
- Sea Transport:
#from 700$ to 1000$
#transport cap from 5 to 10
- added Soviet Chinook to Soviets
An attempt to finally fix the Naval issues. It is actually super easy to fix all problems. Worked that out with SoScared.
Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:36 am
Keep in mind that when doing balance tests its fun to do but if you aim to make them official or want them to be adding units won't go well.
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:25 am
Really great what you've done in these new modmaps.
I just had to install it when i was reading about swimming Tanya.
You made a really good job this is a funny and very good looking feature, diving when someone shoots at her hehe gj
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:19 pm
Thx marterianer. I got rid of the attack-move bug, false naming and tanya shooting ships.
Here are some nice maps for this playtest:
(changes compared to v003: gun boat armor back to heavy, but less hp so one-shottable by yak/hind. light armor gunboats like in 003 were killed by rifle infantry hilariously fast.)
(hardship) <<-- true naval 1v1
(dual cold front)
(doubles islands) <<-- very much fun
(isle of man)
(bombardment landing) <<-- bombardment islands edit for MIX
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:07 pm
"MIX" looks very nice ! Naval games seem way more dynamic and interesting now !
Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:07 pm
MIXv003 is out. It fixes the attack move bug with the attack sub (which will be fixed in the next official release), reverts all subs back to light armor (heavy felt too strong vs Hinds combined with the Flak Trap) and makes torpedos not jammable. Also Flak Trap is now radar tech and missile sub back to tech center tech like it should be.
Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:25 am
I have already posted about these on discord, but i think it might be good idea to post here too:
Code: Select all
- Gap Generator now requires War Factory.
- Mobile Gap Generator now requires Gap Generator.
- AA Gun Range decreased by 1 (from 10 to 9).
- AA Gun Damage decreased by 2 (from 12 to 10).
- PillBox Damage vs Light Armor properly changed to 50.
- Artillery MinRange increased by 0.6 (from 3 to 3.6).
- Artillery Reload delay increaded by 15 (from 85 to 100).
- Artillery Spread decreased by 85 (from 426 to 341).
- Artillery Projectile Speed decreased by 8 (from 204 to 196).
- GunBoat cannon replaced by MG, which is better against infantry. It shouldn't be changed against other targets.
- GunBoat depth charge damage decreased by 20 (from 80 to 60).
- GunBoat armor changed to Light (from Heavy).
- MiG now has AA, with Range of 3.5 and Damage of 40.
- Cruiser Range increased by 4, MinRange increased by 1.
- GunBoat and Submarine Detection range increased by 0.5 (from 4 to 4.5).
- Destroyer and Missile Sub Detection range decreased by 1 (from 4 to 3).
- Added Soviet Nuke Sub.
- Submarine now has 1 passenger capacity.
- Submarine is altered to be counterpart of GunBoat.
- Submarine cost decreased by 300 (from 950 to 650).
- Missile Sub altered to be counterpart of Destroyter.
- Missile Sub armor changed to Heavy (from Light).
- Missile Sub cost decreased by 1050 (from 2000 to 950).
- France gets Fake SubPen, Soviet Tech Center and IC when they have Soviet ConYard.
- When they have a Tech Center, Soviets get an extra Spy Plane for each of their Airfield.
- Grenadier cost increased to 175.
- Grenadier now has smaller explosion, but explodes everytime.
- Zombies and Ants rebalanced. Zombies now turn other infantry to zombies when they kill them.
- Transport Boat now carry 12 Infantry, 4 Vehicles or 2 MCV.
- Mammoth Tank can crush some light vehicles and defences.
- Added Badger Cargo Plane to Soviets. It can be loaded with infantry while landed on Airfield. It land like a heli to unload tho, engine limitation, nothing i can do sorry :(.
- Dog sight increased by 1.5 (from 5 to 6,5).
- Hijacker sight increased by 3 (from 5 to 8).
- Hijacker cloak delay decreased by 20 (from 120 to 100).
- Hijacker initial cloak delay decerased by 50 (from 250 to 200).
Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:49 am
I really love the swimming Tanya. Little homage to RA2