SHPs required

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
Norman_

SHPs required

Post by Norman_ »

hey, im looking for F-23 Black Widow, F/A-18C/D Hornet & F-22 Raptor in SHP format.
somebody know where i can find these units in good quality? (at least 16 frames, 32 would be awesome)

sajwang

Post by sajwang »

This link has an f-22 jet, but it's in voxels. http://www.ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=32671

I'm afraid I don't know how to make shps out of them, though.

Hopefully that helps

Norman_

Post by Norman_ »

migeater really made some nice voxel jets but i also dont know how to convert them to shp format. i guess its much work and you lose much quality i could imagine. but thanks anyway :)

Nolt

Post by Nolt »

I gave it a try and failed miserably, I can't figure out how to apply the voxel texture into it (I thought that placing the texture on the object as a bitmap would work fine but nope). This method doesn't feel worth it anyway because the time it takes to render a frame is huge (2 minutes).

I could model that plane myself but I'm not good with details and my time is limited. Plus the details are barely visible in RA1, so if you start asking for specific variants you might end dissapointed, I could try that at the weekend if you want, otherwise, you could try searching for free models on the net and I can render (turn into shp) them for you.
Attachments
sdgfh.bmp
sdgfh.bmp (27.05 KiB) Viewed 7674 times
Creator of Shattered Paradise and Nomad Galaxy. WARNING, there are tons of gifs on both pages.

Norman_

Post by Norman_ »

nice, thanks nolt! :) would be great if you create/render 1 or 2 shp jets if you have time for that. would love to use f-22 for nod and f/a-18c for gdi on a td modmap someday and make 2 slightly different units out of them. already created one custom yaml mig jet, to test new ag/aa missiles and general ingame behaviour to balance it, but a mig is just too much a soviet unit to use it together with the other td units.

found these free 3d models:

F-22: http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/fa-22-raptor-86148.html
F/A-18c: http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/fa-18c-hornet-35318.html

many details are not important; that bitmap already looks like a raptor. would be awesome to have that with a similar detail level like the ra1 mig or u2, that it fits into the game, if thats possible somehow.

Graion Dilach

Post by Graion Dilach »

In these cases, I'd create a dummy map with a dummy terrain (for example pink singlecolored tiles with a pixel-width purple lines on both center axis), grab the voxel, place it 32 times on this dummy map, fix the angles by hand in the map.yaml, screenshot it and convert that to shp.
AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

Nolt

Post by Nolt »

Good job finding those models, you saved me around 2 hours of work or less, there's the hornet, now you gotta tell me where you want the remap, maybe its fine how I left it, maybe not, then, I post them here or I send them to you privately?
Attachments
32 Facings.
32 Facings.
asd0000.gif (43.85 KiB) Viewed 7600 times
Creator of Shattered Paradise and Nomad Galaxy. WARNING, there are tons of gifs on both pages.

Norman_

Post by Norman_ »

wow :) that jet and its playercolours look fantastic! :eek:
up to you if you want to upload it here. maybe somebody else can use that unit too :D
... just great :bana:

Nolt

Post by Nolt »

Try these out, and make sure you credit the creator of these fine planes. (3dgenerator), and also, you made me remember of the old novalogic fighter simulators, ty for that.
Attachments
raptor.shp
(18.53 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
hornet.shp
(15.02 KiB) Downloaded 290 times

Norman_

Post by Norman_ »

AMAZING!

cant wait to use them ingame :bana:
thanks again nolt :D

tried to make some cameos for them :drunk: