Question regarding oramaps

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
Mortov Molotov

Question regarding oramaps

Post by Mortov Molotov »

Hi everyone,

I'd like to introduce myself to this community. I'm Mortov Molotov, a Belgian born in the early eighties and fan of CnC since I've been introduced to the TD bèta version on a collection of games CD back in 1996. Only a couple of months later, me and my friends bought RA, and we've been big fans ever since.

Back in august 2014, I got to know OpenRA by accident (a was browsing without a goal due to a serious case of procrastrination that evening). I must say: great job at reviving this wonderful game!

You can find me online as Mortov Molotov (Soviet/NOD) or CmdrSlimbo (Allies/GDI), but having a caring wife and lovely kid of 6 months old, that off course won't be a lot.

Ow... It's dinner time, so it seems. Quick question then: is there a way to convert an oramap designed for the RA mod, to the TD mod? Without to many expectations, I changed the "requiresmod" key in the map.yaml file from RA to CNC, with the goal of replacing the ore by tiberium later in the map editor.

I suppose that is not the way to go? Any tips?

greetz

Mortov Molotov

Matt

Post by Matt »

Sorry, that won't work as the tile sets differ too much. https://www.diffchecker.com/08dybuhm