How To Drop Tanks from Aircraft?

In Dune 2000 mod, to be precise...

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
Prince Blueblood

How To Drop Tanks from Aircraft?

Post by Prince Blueblood »

Alright, so in this week, I'm starting to work on a rebalancement submod of some kind for Dune2k (who definitely needs more love), and to differentiate the three sides, I'm turning the paradrop power to be ordos specific (from ordos palace) and all they do is drop a large group of units, hopefully inside the enemy base, but it could act as reinforcement for flankings too - turn ordos into micro heavy subversive faction, harkonnen as brute force, and atreides are balanced.

And well, so they are supposed to drop some tanks and raiders too, so siege tanks and trikes inside the base won't do much to neutralize the superweapon-ed paradrop threat
ParatroopersPower:
Icon: paratroopers
Prerequisites: ~techlevel.superweapons
SquadSize: 3
UnitType: carryall.infantry
FlareTime: 0
ChargeTime: 240
Description: Mercenary Drop
LongDesc: A Squad of Carryalls drops a group of Mercenaries \nanywhere on the map
DropItems: RAIDER, COMBATO, RIFLE, RIFLE, BAZOOKA, COMBATO, COMBATO, RIFLE, RIFLE, BAZOOKA, RAIDER, COMBATO, RIFLE, RIFLE, BAZOOKA
SelectTargetSound:
FlareType:
And yes, I'm not forgetting the parachutable trait for vehicles and tanks too
Parachutable:
FallRate: 130
But well, somehow, all the combat tanks and raiders do arrive, but immediately "Unit Lost" when they touched the ground (while the infantry still alive), all that I get is ordos combat tank husks... I think at first this is because they somehow touched those wind traps and factories, but then I put them on the empty sands, and still get "unit lost" and the tank husks...

So, the question is obvious, how to drop tanks from aircraft?[/highlight]

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

But well, somehow, all the combat tanks and raiders do arrive, but immediately "Unit Lost" when they touched the ground (while the infantry still alive), all that I get is ordos combat tank husks... I think at first this is because they somehow touched those wind traps and factories, but then I put them on the empty sands, and still get "unit lost" and the tank husks...
Try

Code: Select all

^Tank:
	Parachutable:
			KilledOnImpassableTerrain: false
^Vehicle:
	Parachutable:
			KilledOnImpassableTerrain: false

Prince Blueblood

Post by Prince Blueblood »

Thanks...