Blender SHP setup.

This will Hopefully become a tutorial.

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
Blarget2

Blender SHP setup.

Post by Blarget2 »

I am going to give my pre setup Blender file for making SHP ready renders (specifically buildings that cast shadows). In this blender file, I have set up a plane for which you can render your images on with a specular map that effectively flips the colors so that the shadow is the correct green and the rest of the scene is the correct black.

When you output the rendered png files for your animation. You can open all the frames in GIMP and Index the images with the correct palette. It will all be SHP ready.

In the blender file, I have a animation already set up. It is the building animation for my Turret.

to see a preview of what a frame in my setup looks like, Just press the render button (f12) and it will show you what it looks like in the main view-port.

When I have time, I will try to make a detailed tutorial on the process from blender animation cues to exporting the frames from gimp. For now, All I can do is give the files.

BLENDER FILE: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/102 ... rret.blend

Image Image

Blarget2

Post by Blarget2 »

I have run into an issue. If I can not fix it, I will not be inclined to make this tutorial. If only there was someone else in this community who knew blender better than I.

Phrohdoh

Post by Phrohdoh »

What issue have you run into?