Starcraft - Brood War mod

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
Remuneration

Starcraft - Brood War mod

Post by Remuneration »

Greetings to all fans of strategy games!

First, I want to thank the creator for universal engine strategies. It gives us the opportunity to enjoy your favorite games, as well as provides a great space for creativity creators modifications.

My question is whether there are any developments to create Starcraft - Brood War mod?

And how difficult it is to implement this mod yourself?
Maybe put together a team for this?

Remuneration

Post by Remuneration »

Hi to All again!

I have a zerg drone.shp and droneicon.shp files. How can i replace d2k harvester shp"s to it?

When I put drone.shp and droneicon.shp files into \mods\d2k\bits folder, and change from
RenderUnit:
Image: HARVESTER

to

RenderUnit:
Image: DRONE

in \mods\d2k\rules\vehicles.yaml file,

and change from
harvester:
icon: DATA

to

harvester:
icon: DRONEICON

in \mods\d2k\sequences\vehicles.yaml file, i have a Fatal Error.

Matt

Post by Matt »

I came across https://github.com/toshok/scsharp but it has been abandoned in a state where nothing works. Also seemed to have focussed on Apple tablets.

Sircrashalot

Post by Sircrashalot »

I think you have to be careful using Starcraft Broodwar assets because its still protected.

Remuneration

Post by Remuneration »

I mean Openra modification... sorry for my bad english.

Remuneration

Post by Remuneration »

Sircrashalot wrote: I think you have to be careful using Starcraft Broodwar assets because its still protected.
And the C&C Universe is not it protected? And how about srargus & wargus projects?

Sircrashalot

Post by Sircrashalot »

Remuneration wrote:
Sircrashalot wrote: I think you have to be careful using Starcraft Broodwar assets because its still protected.
And the C&C Universe is not it protected? And how about srargus & wargus projects?
As far as i know the old cnc games are abandonware. Wc2 and Sc are not. You actually need an original cd to install wargus or stargus.

AgentAAA

Post by AgentAAA »

Reverse-engineering's legality in the OpenRA engine has been addressed before. So long as the game's non-profit and has original coding I do believe it's protected.

Unit158

Post by Unit158 »

AgentAAA wrote: Reverse-engineering's legality in the OpenRA engine has been addressed before. So long as the game's non-profit and has original coding I do believe it's protected.
Nope, but it isn't worth suing over.

Remuneration

Post by Remuneration »

Sircrashalot wrote: You actually need an original cd to install wargus or stargus.
That prevents take exactly the same position as in stargus? Something like:

Matt

Post by Matt »

This engine is not as universal as you think. It is pretty much tied to the Westwood fileformats and C&C gameplay. You may want to help finishing http://stargus.sourceforge.net/ instead. If you still want to experiment, follow the guide at https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/wiki/C ... a-new-unit

Remuneration

Post by Remuneration »

Unit from scrach is work, but my Drone.shp use TS pallete and looks not wery good in test RA2 mod

1)How can i change palette to .shp files?
Anyway this way is not wery good.

I found startool.cpp in stargus source wich can extract any files from Starcraft CD, extract code in the taatchment.

2) Can we try to add this extract metod to any OpenRa mod?
3) Can we try to make any OpenRa mod to understand and use this extracted from Starcraft CD files (like D2K mod work with .R8 files, and RA2 mod work with .mix files)?
Attachments
startool.cpp
(226.16 KiB) Downloaded 478 times

Remuneration

Post by Remuneration »

Starcraft 1 now is FREE :) :) :)

Piton one

Re:

Post by Piton one »

Remuneration wrote:
Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:08 pm
the delopvers of C&C get a Opensource Licenece
Kids: use Swich
Men use Ps
Gay use x-box
Legends use Pc
Goods dont care about the platform

Remuneration

Re: Re:

Post by Remuneration »

Piton one wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:49 pm
Remuneration wrote:
Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:08 pm
the delopvers of C&C get a Opensource Licenece
We really can prerequist original starcraft CD with key or licensie copy Starcraft: Remastered in Steam account to let play this mod?
Stargus project works in this.
Or maybe we must contact to Blizzard and take official answer?