Where is the D2K mod HQ?

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
Rydrael

Where is the D2K mod HQ?

Post by Rydrael »

Hello there,

I'm pretty interested in following the development of the D2k mod for OpenRA, but I'm a bit confused about whether the main development discussions happens in this forums or in the site d2kplus.com. Can someone enlighten me and clear my doubts?

Thank you

xan2622

Post by xan2622 »

Hello Rydrael

I think the best places where you can get informations about OpenRA development are:

- the [url=irc://chat.freenode.net/openra]#openra IRC channel on freenode[/url]. You can use this IRC web applet if you don't have any IRC client.

- following the OpenRA issues on Github.

Rydrael

Post by Rydrael »

xanax wrote: Hello Rydrael

I think the best places where you can get informations about OpenRA development are:

- the [url=irc://chat.freenode.net/openra]#openra IRC channel on freenode[/url]. You can use this IRC web applet if you don't have any IRC client.

- following the OpenRA issues on Github.
Hello Xanax,

thank you for your information. Just for curiosity, is there any specific team involved in the development of the D2k mod? I really like that mod and I'd want to learn about it.

-Jes-

Post by -Jes- »

You could call the team "Cmd. Matt".

psydev

Post by psydev »

I used to be involved, but I left last April because I had to take a break for school and personal life. I did a major overhaul to the game's balance last may, and redefined the gameplay significantly. I am still interested in the project and OpenRA in general, but have taken a break. I will be back though.
-Jes- wrote: You could call the team "Cmd. Matt".

Matt

Post by Matt »

I usually post my progress at http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/24184-ope ... dune-2000/ with some screenshots. Recently I silently worked on complete 1.06 patch level support (grenadier and new terrain tiles) and the ARRAKIS terrain which should improve map rendering a lot meaning less wallpaper pattern. See https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/blob/bleed/CHANGELOG for things that will be in the next playtest including Harissons new rock on rock tiles.

psydev

Post by psydev »

Cmd. Matt wrote: Recently I silently worked on complete 1.06 patch level support (grenadier and new terrain tiles) and the ARRAKIS terrain.
:bana:
Excellent.

Want to include the Grenadier?

Matt

Post by Matt »

psydev wrote: Want to include the Grenadier?
Already done https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/pull/4317 but could need some polishing (see the TODO comments) and balancing (is currently copy pasta from the ra mod).