[coma] Command and Conquer: The Forgotten Chapter

(CnC 1.5)

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
Angusm3

Post by Angusm3 »

zypres1 wrote: Folks, spread latest video on social media... OpenRA @fb,Twitter, reddit, moddb
I made a more brief version that excludes the inane battle taped onto the end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv1WWqpoC4Y

Matt

Post by Matt »

I posted it at https://plus.google.com/100332364931123 ... cMnG4HvZyb to give you some more clicks.

zypres1

Spread it

Post by zypres1 »

I really like this mod.
Its nice if you or us can help out with this:

1: Announce it more places.
2: Have dedicated server hosting it (name should be shorten link to this forum?)
3: Make at least one short fun scripted game (singeplayer) in it. (simple, just like 2 vs 1 easy, but introducing all the new units for forgotten team.

Angusm3

Re: Spread it

Post by Angusm3 »

zypres1 wrote: I really like this mod.
Its nice if you or us can help out with this:

1: Announce it more places.
2: Have dedicated server hosting it (name should be shorten link to this forum?)
3: Make at least one short fun scripted game (singeplayer) in it. (simple, just like 2 vs 1 easy, but introducing all the new units for forgotten team.

0: thank you so much for taking the time to enjoy my mod :D I try my best on it

1: I'll work on that as the mod progresses, I don't want too many people to see how crappy it is right now, but I want enough people to be able to play it and give me feedback
2: I'm not sure that's possible but if it is, I'll hopefully have it in before 0.50 which is when I'm going to be making a bunch of changes to things like that
3: I've already made the map for it and I've been scripting it for a while, once it comes out I hope everyone enjoys it :)

zypres1

Post by zypres1 »

Nice, I like it as is.
Just please make sure this mod will not die out like many other mods when the devs get busy IRL. (I miss Starwars mod)

Solutions:
Could it be possible in the future to have this in github? Could you have one "final" release that will work on all next versions of openra?

Angusm3

Post by Angusm3 »

zypres1 wrote: Nice, I like it as is.
Just please make sure this mod will not die out like many other mods when the devs get busy IRL. (I miss Starwars mod)

Solutions:
Could it be possible in the future to have this in github? Could you have one "final" release that will work on all next versions of openra?
"Version 0.50 changes
Use github to download fgtn files, no cnc files required
add voices for forgotten units"

I've got my version goals already planned out ahead, and I work a 9-11 hour a day job and still work on the mod constantly ,so the chance of it just dying are minimal, I've been doing projects like this for years.

as for having a final version, someday there will be a "final" version, but I will still make balance changes on request and whatnot or maybe add something cool every once in a while like an easter egg faction I've been toying with (you'll see that later).

In addition, this mod will contain a full campaign, and 4 'precursor' missions that you can play on Red Alert that explains some aspects of the storyline in the mod, I'll have to get agentaaa in here to talk more about that though, he's in charge of the storyboard

After I have officially stopped working on this project (in the far future once it's polished) I'm going to move on to remaking CnC3: Tiberium Incursion like Westwood had intended

AgentAAA

Post by AgentAAA »

Angusm3 wrote:
zypres1 wrote: Nice, I like it as is.

In addition, this mod will contain a full campaign, and 4 'precursor' missions that you can play on Red Alert that explains some aspects of the storyline in the mod, I'll have to get agentaaa in here to talk more about that though, he's in charge of the storyboard
intended
Quite correct. Currently the first 2 "Precursor" missions for RA are being worked on and are in-progress, while storyboarding is significantly more in progress - What is agreed on is that the campaign will be done with multiple missions for GDI, Nod, and Forgotten with a driven story that'll fit in between TD and TS.
I literally can't promise anything for Cutscenes and the like, but it's intended that the campaign be cinematically driven, even if the game-play is all we have to work with. There will also be short stories and unit lore released for the mod periodically - for an example of what we're looking at, the starcraft 2 short stories are a good place to look - and likely "extra" missions done infrequently after the main project and story is finished, similar to Aftermath or Counter-strike.
This mod's got quite the life-span ahead of it.

Angusm3

Post by Angusm3 »

Forgot to mention when I uploaded 0.26 (because we keep the balance changes seperate in the document)

Molotov Soldiers need a rate-of-fire nerf
changed from 50 to 100 (half as fast)
Molotov soldiers require a cost increase
increased from 160 to 300
Molotov soldiers require small reduction to building damage.
building dmg to 80% from 100% (wood 100%, concrete 75%), heavy dmg to 20% from 50%
Buff MG Nest HP
HP increased to 500 from 200, Armor changed from light to heavy
fix the vulcan turrets, it’s not funny anymore
Damage reduced from 50 to 10, Burst reduced from 6 to 3
For lore reasons - Forgotten AT have one square more vision than anyone else.
Increased vision from 5 to 6 (5 is default for infantry)
Heavy tanks should have a slightly slower turning rate/maneuverability overall than GDI medium tanks
Speed changed from 6 to 5, ROT changed from 5 to 4
Increase Technical speed, considering they’re trucks not tanks
increased from 10 to 15

Angusm3

Post by Angusm3 »

0.28 is up as of now, and I just uploaded some screenshots of all the units, you can take a look here:

http://imgur.com/a/13NC9

Norman_

Post by Norman_ »

nice units :drunk:

foul_owl

Post by foul_owl »

This mod rules!! I love the new faction and the changes to GDI and NOD. I think the balance is pretty good overall. Big thanks to everyone working on this!

I did notice a few things that aren't on the Google Doc buglist:
* Tesla Coils will sometimes not fire unless a target is manually specified.
* Forgotten's helicopters will land on the battlefield when not desired. I know they are a transport helicopter, so not sure what a good solution is.
* Mortars will sometimes not fire unless a target is manually specified, this includes returning fire.

I think Forgotten's helicopters are slightly too weak as well. I would maybe buff up the armor a bit.

Cheers!!

Angusm3

Post by Angusm3 »

foul_owl wrote: This mod rules!! I love the new faction and the changes to GDI and NOD. I think the balance is pretty good overall. Big thanks to everyone working on this!

I did notice a few things that aren't on the Google Doc buglist:
* Tesla Coils will sometimes not fire unless a target is manually specified.
* Forgotten's helicopters will land on the battlefield when not desired. I know they are a transport helicopter, so not sure what a good solution is.
* Mortars will sometimes not fire unless a target is manually specified, this includes returning fire.

I think Forgotten's helicopters are slightly too weak as well. I would maybe buff up the armor a bit.

Cheers!!

Thanks for responding to the forum post :D

As for your listed bugs, I will look into this tesla coil problem, the forgotten helicopters are meant to be weak because of how they are multi-purpose, but I will reprice them to be cheaper in the next update as they are currently overpriced. The mortars are an artillery unit, I'm not sure if they are supposed to attack automatically, but I'll take a look at the yaml and see what I can do, have you tried making them attack move?

Phrohdoh

Post by Phrohdoh »

I'm glad to see this is still being worked on. Good job so far!

Angusm3

Post by Angusm3 »

Phrohdoh wrote: I'm glad to see this is still being worked on. Good job so far!
this mod will never die! This weekend I'm focusing all my effort on porting it to the new update since it contains most of the things that were keeping me from patching anyway.

Matt

Post by Matt »

You have been reviewed at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL-6LwDHmmw in German =)