Red Alert: Tiberium Origins MOD

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
kaneCVR

Post by kaneCVR »

@Speedy - well, a few reasons really... I personally prefer the RA1 EvA over the RA2 allied EvA, the RA1 allied EvA will add to the feel of the single player missions as you will be able to feel the transition from RA1 allied forces to SpecOps 9 and finally GDI. I think combining the classic EvA from the first games with the ones from the sequels adds underlines the transition from the Red Alert period to the Tiberium Dawn period - witch my mod is trying to accomplish with the SP campaign.

You do have a valid point tought - Cabal wasn't invented in the TD era, and it kind of makes sense that the Brotherhood would use a generic EvA. That's why I'm asking you guys for your opinion.

@umairazfar - thanks for the bug report - It's because the A10 is faster then the yak and the mig, and the SAM site in the RA mod (witch I didn't modify yet) has rather small range and a delay before firing. Will fix it.

I'd like to change the scale of all infantry (scale them down a bit). Either that or enlarge the commando sprite like you suggested.

I allready have ~7 missions finished and 4 mapped but not scripted. Problem is playing them is very difficult without a savegame feature.

I found your scripting tools, but they seem to be source only? Is there a compiled version of your tool someware?

@umairazfar (2nd post) - yes, I'm sure. I use XCC all the time and I'm quite accustomed to it.

umairazfar

Post by umairazfar »

For making the base from template, you can get it from here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/772 ... mplate.zip

I did not post its source, the post on this forum is at this link:

http://www.sleipnirstuff.com/forum/view ... 83&t=16890

The idea is that you design the base on a text file and load it in, and it will generate actors for you. I will be updating it shortly.

as for mission maker, the source also contains the executable, just unzip it, then go into debug/bin folder and run the executable there. You can get the source from here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/772 ... nMaker.zip

I did not get to test it, but the code that is generated is based on a few single player missons that I made, so I think the code will work.

The link to the forum post is here:
http://www.sleipnirstuff.com/forum/view ... 83&t=16927

Even if it does not, it will make the code generation very easy for you. You will need to play with it a little to really get the hang of it, it is not that hard to get, you just need to realize the sequence in which everything should be selected and placed.

One question, did you make your mod icon yourself? I like the art... I wanted some good art for my own mod.

kaneCVR

Post by kaneCVR »

Thanks umairazfar, I'll look into it when I get back to making the missions.

Version 0.22 released. Get it on my ModDB page (link and changelog on first post).

eddie

Post by eddie »

The game crashes quite often in skirmish mode.
Here is the exception.log:

Code: Select all

Tiberian Origins Mod at Version Beta 0.22
Operating System: Windows (Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1)
Runtime Version: .NET CLR 4.0.30319.18444
Exception of type `System.InvalidOperationException`: TypeDictionary does not contain instance of type `OpenRA.Mods.RA.DetectCloakedInfo`
   bei OpenRA.Primitives.TypeDictionary.Get[T]()
   bei OpenRA.Mods.RA.RenderDetectionCircle.<RenderAfterWorld>c__Iterator0.MoveNext&#40;&#41;
   bei System.Linq.Enumerable.<SelectManyIterator>d__14`2.MoveNext&#40;&#41;
   bei System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor&#40;IEnumerable`1 collection&#41;
   bei System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList&#91;TSource&#93;&#40;IEnumerable`1 source&#41;
   bei OpenRA.Graphics.WorldRenderer.Draw&#40;&#41;
   bei OpenRA.Game.RenderTick&#40;&#41;
   bei OpenRA.Game.Loop&#40;&#41;
   bei OpenRA.Game.Run&#40;&#41;
   bei OpenRA.Program.Run&#40;String&#91;&#93; args&#41;
   bei OpenRA.Program.Main&#40;String&#91;&#93; args&#41;

umairazfar

Post by umairazfar »

that must be because of making a unit that detects cloaked units

DetectCloaked:

property might be acting up

kaneCVR

Post by kaneCVR »

eddie wrote: The game crashes quite often in skirmish mode.
Here is the exception.log:

Tiberian Origins Mod at Version Beta 0.22
Operating System&#58; Windows &#40;Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1&#41;
Runtime Version&#58; .NET CLR 4.0.30319.18444
Exception of type `System.InvalidOperationException`&#58; TypeDictionary does not contain instance of type `OpenRA.Mods.RA.DetectCloakedInfo`
   bei OpenRA.Primitives.TypeDictionary.Get&#91;T&#93;&#40;&#41;
   bei OpenRA.Mods.RA.RenderDetectionCircle.<RenderAfterWorld>c__Iterator0.MoveNext&#40;&#41;
   bei System.Linq.Enumerable.<SelectManyIterator>d__14`2.MoveNext&#40;&#41;
   bei System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor&#40;IEnumerable`1 collection&#41;
   bei System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList&#91;TSource&#93;&#40;IEnumerable`1 source&#41;
   bei OpenRA.Graphics.WorldRenderer.Draw&#40;&#41;
   bei OpenRA.Game.RenderTick&#40;&#41;
Can you tell me what side you played and what unit you used when the game crashed? The crash might be related to a certain unit - whether it's under your control or AI control.

Personally I haven't experienced any crashes and I played quite a few skirmish games with all sides and units to make some gameplay videos.

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

That exception message is telling me that you have a unit with the RenderDetectionCircle trait but missing the corresponding DetectCloaked trait.

eddie

Post by eddie »

I played as Nod against two AIs (Allies and Soviets). I haven't used or build a special unit at that time nor have the AIs. The soviet AI was attacking one of my scorpion tanks with a Yak when the game crashed but I don't know if that was causing the crash.

umairazfar

Post by umairazfar »

I think he wanted a cloaked Nod commando, so I guess as soon as it was created, the game crashed because of the error in its description

kaneCVR

Post by kaneCVR »

@Sleipnir @eddie - thanks, I'll look over the rules files and fix the error.

Update - found several building with the RenderDetectionCircle trait who were missing DetectCloaked. Among them was the Temple of Nod, Advanced Comm Center and RA and CnC Radar Stations. Selecting it caused the crash.

Fixed it by removing the RenderDetectionCircle from DOME HQ and TMPL and adding DetectCloaked to EYE.

Version 0.23 will be uploaded to ModDB in a few minutes.

eddie

Post by eddie »

I've played your mod for a while now and I really like it. Great work!

There's one other thing that might be an issue: you can not teleport units onto tiberium. Is that on purpose?

I dont't know if this is possible, but it would be nice if you could rename some cameos. If you capture conyards of other factions the helipad shows up in your sidebar two or three times. All cameos of the helipads are just labeled as «helipad». Could you label them GDI helipad, Nod helipad etc.? At the moment you have to look up the tool tip to see which helipad belongs to whom. Same goes for similar buildings like naval yard and other stuff.

Some other things I noticed:
- Ore trucks can dump their cargo at tiberium refineries and harvesters can dump their cargo at ore refineries
- Playing as soviets and capturing an allied conyard gives you no second war factory in the building menu. However building a second soviet war factory gives you allied vehicles.
- I don't know if this is on purpose: You are warned of enemy's nuclear missiles by the countdown in the top left corner. But you are not warned of enemy's ion canon.
- all three AIs aren't very aggressive and it's easy to beat them. Can you make them stronger? They hardly attack me at all.
Last edited by eddie on Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kaneCVR

Post by kaneCVR »

eddie wrote: I've played your mod for a while now and I really like it. Great work!

There's one other thing that might be an issue: you can not teleport units onto tiberium. Is that on purpose?

I dont't know if this is possible, but it would be nice if you could rename some cameos. If you capture conyards of other factions the helipad shows up in your sidebar two or three times. All cameos of the helipads are just labeled as «helipad». Could you label them GDI helipad, Nod helipad etc.? At the moment you have to look up the tool tip to see which helipad belongs to whom. Same goes for similar buildings like naval yard and other stuff.
Thanks, it's nice to see my work apreciated.

- Not being able to chrono onto tiberium is intentional. At first it was an oversight, but it gave me an ideea for a campaign mission. SPOILER: Chrono + Tiberium = BOOM!

I will also disable the ability to chrono the Tiberium Harvester.

- The problem with multiple units + same cameo is caused by the need to use seperate actors (units/structures) for different sides because of the complicated and cumbersome prerequisites implementations in this version of the OpenRA engine. The devs removed the Owner: trait, making it difficult to assign actors to some sides but not the others when you have more then two sides that share units/buildings. Therefore, I use different actors for different sides, witch results in the "cloning" you mentioned. Some units have their own cameo - like the GDI Medium tank and the Nod Light tank - and have been renamed so they will not be mistaken for their RA counterparts.

Best case scenario, the Devs will reinstate the Owner trait, allowing me to use only one or two actors for all sides, thereby removing the need for clones - and the problem will go away.

Worst case scenario - I'll have to keep the current configuration and make unique cameos for all clones.

kaneCVR

Post by kaneCVR »

I've sorted out most of the cloned actors after going trought the scarce documentation for the new prerequisite sistem + two days of experimentation. So far I've managed to remove the hellipad and airfield clones, and a few of the cloned vehicles.

I'm also releasing a new side / race for testing, Secial Operations Group 9 - GDI's precursor. It will be featured in all campaign missions spanning 1953-1995 since GDI wasn't officially formed in that time period.

Version 0.25 including the new faction will be realeased soon.

SpecOpsGr9 Tech tree:

Construction Yard: FACT (RA C-yard)
Power plants: NUKE, NUK2 (CnC nuclear power plants)
Rafineries: PROC, TRAF
War Factory: GFAC (CnC GDI War Factory)
Barracks: TENT (RA Allied Tent)
Tech Center: MISS (CnC / RA Technology Center)
Superpower: ION (Ion Cannon Uplink)
Base Defence: PBOX, GUN, ATWR (RA1 Pillbox + Turret and CnC Advanced Guard Tower)

Vehicles:

Jeep: Ra1 Ranger
APC
Light Tank: Ra1 Light Tank
M103 Heavy: Custom made .SHP file
T30 Siege Tank: Custom Made .SHP file
M270 MLRS: CnC GDI MLRS

Infantry: All RA1 Allied Infantry.

kaneCVR

Post by kaneCVR »

Beta 025 uploaded, including a new faction - Special Operations Group 9 - and a few new units and gameplay changes. Changelog available on first post and ModDB page.

eddie

Post by eddie »

Version 0.25 crashes while loading shellmap.

log:

Tiberian Origins Mod at Version Beta 0.25
Operating System&#58; Windows &#40;Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1&#41;
Exception of type `System.IO.FileNotFoundException`&#58; File not found&#58; cscores.mix
   bei OpenRA.FileSystem.GlobalFileSystem.OpenWithExts&#40;String filename, String&#91;&#93; exts&#41;
   bei OpenRA.FileSystem.GlobalFileSystem.Open&#40;String filename&#41;
   bei OpenRA.FileSystem.MixFile..ctor&#40;String filename, PackageHashType type, Int32 priority&#41;
   bei OpenRA.FileSystem.GlobalFileSystem.OpenPackage&#40;String filename, String annotation, Int32 order&#41;
   bei OpenRA.FileSystem.GlobalFileSystem.<Mount>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0&#40;&#41;
   bei OpenRA.FileSystem.GlobalFileSystem.Mount&#40;String name, String annotation&#41;
   bei OpenRA.FileSystem.GlobalFileSystem.LoadFromManifest&#40;Manifest manifest&#41;
   bei OpenRA.ModData.PrepareMap&#40;String uid&#41;
   bei OpenRA.Game.StartGame&#40;String mapUID, Boolean isShellmap&#41;
   bei OpenRA.Game.LoadShellMap&#40;&#41;
   bei OpenRA.Game.TestAndContinue&#40;&#41;
   bei OpenRA.Mods.RA.DefaultLoadScreen.StartGame&#40;&#41;
   bei OpenRA.Game.InitializeMod&#40;String mod, Arguments args&#41;
   bei OpenRA.Mods.Common.Widgets.Logic.ModBrowserLogic.<LoadMod>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__0&#40;&#41;
   bei System.Action.Invoke&#40;&#41;
   bei OpenRA.Primitives.ActionQueue.PerformActions&#40;&#41;
   bei OpenRA.Game.LogicTick&#40;&#41;
edit: I've installed the music files.

However trying to start a game with all factions and heavy support crashes the game.
log:

Tiberian Origins Mod at Version Beta 0.25
Exception of type `System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException`&#58; Der angegebene Schlüssel war nicht im Wörterbuch angegeben.
   bei System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item&#40;TKey key&#41;
   bei OpenRA.ReadOnlyDictionary`2.get_Item&#40;TKey key&#41;
   bei OpenRA.Mods.RA.SpawnMPUnits.SpawnUnitsForPlayer&#40;World w, Player p, CPos sp&#41;
   bei OpenRA.Mods.RA.SpawnMPUnits.WorldLoaded&#40;World world, WorldRenderer wr&#41;
   bei OpenRA.World.LoadComplete&#40;WorldRenderer wr&#41;
   bei OpenRA.Game.StartGame&#40;String mapUID, Boolean isShellmap&#41;
   bei OpenRA.Network.UnitOrders.ProcessOrder&#40;OrderManager orderManager, World world, Int32 clientId, Order order&#41;
   bei OpenRA.Network.OrderManager.TickImmediate&#40;&#41;
   bei OpenRA.Sync.<CheckSyncUnchanged>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0&#40;&#41;
   bei OpenRA.Sync.CheckSyncUnchanged&#91;T&#93;&#40;World world, Func`1 fn&#41;
   bei OpenRA.Sync.CheckSyncUnchanged&#40;World world, Action fn&#41;
   bei OpenRA.Game.InnerLogicTick&#40;OrderManager orderManager&#41;
   bei OpenRA.Game.LogicTick&#40;&#41;