Multiple superweapons of the same type?

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
TheBigCheese

Multiple superweapons of the same type?

Post by TheBigCheese »

Evening all

On the OpenRA title screen it shows three nukes launching one after the other...is that actually something that can be achieved in game?

Whenever I've built more than one silo it doesn't seem to make any change to the game...no extra nuke button and it doesn't affect the countdown speed (exactly like the base game if I remember rightly!).

Thanks! :)

chrisf

Post by chrisf »

No, that's a scripted special. It would be possible to have more than one with some rules changes.

TheBigCheese

Post by TheBigCheese »

Ah OK, thanks for the quick reply!

Is there an easy to change the rules a bit? I see there is a tick box in the game to allow cheats but I have no idea what the cheats are. I've had a look using Google but haven't come up with anything.

I remember years ago editing medium tanks in the original C&C to move at the speed of an Orca and fired Obelisk lasers...might be fun to mess about with the settings again!
Last edited by TheBigCheese on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matt

Post by Matt »

TheBigCheese wrote: Ah OK, thanks for the quick reply!

Is there an easy to change the rules a bit? I see there is a tick box in the game to allow cheats but I have no idea what the changes are.

I remember years ago editing medium tanks in the original C&C to move at the speed of an Orca and fired Obelisk lasers...might be fun to mess about with the settings again!
Cheats activate a menu (more some kind of a developer mode).

You are looking for the https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/wiki/Modding-Guide and https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/wiki/Mapping Documentation is bad (help wanted *hint*), but editing the YAML files is straight forward if you already know how it was done in INI times.

TheBigCheese

Post by TheBigCheese »

Ooooh thanks very much, I'll have a look!

I have no idea how it was done in ini times, I used an editor, I think it was called CCEdit...but an ini is basically a glorified txt so it shouldn't be too hard...I hope!