Sole Survivor?

Is it possible?

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
Dan9550

Sole Survivor?

Post by Dan9550 »

Hi, so i've been messing around with yaml files for a few hours now and i was wondering is it possible to implement CnC Sole Survivor as a mod? or does it require internal coding changes or something like that?

I know CnC SS is probably like the last game anyone would ever think of xD but i still think it has its LOL factor. Also i though it would be one of the easier things to attempt and mod into OpenRA myself.

Matt

Post by Matt »

There are already mini-games (maps) where you have to collect crates.

CombineC

Post by CombineC »

not Dota, not Sotis, no. a SottoN-Mod
Storm of the Temple of Nod. ( or Sotnt, Storm of the Nod Temple)

3 Lines, Jungle, Items xD that would be great with cnc engine, but i think a Game like Battletanks would be eseier

Dan9550

Post by Dan9550 »

It's not the same :P. So after a few hours all ive managed to do is get the Sole Survivor music to work, add and change a bunch of factions so that they start with the one specific unit.

chrisf

Post by chrisf »

You would have to put your custom logic in a mod dll; there's no reason why you couldn't implement SS on OpenRA though -- with the exception of allowing people to join midgame, which we don't support [and would be very fiddly to retrofit]

Dan9550

Post by Dan9550 »

Good to know :) i will continue messing around with this in my spare time for now.

Dan9550

Post by Dan9550 »

Well for those interested i have been messing around coding stuff in C# :S
So far i have managed to start coding the victory conditions, and some of the different crate types that Sole Survivor has.

Dan9550

Post by Dan9550 »

So in case anyone was interested i thought id let you all know my coding ventures slowly were making a small amount of progress. But due to loss of data installing a new SSD in my system i lost my code and i don't particularly feel like tearing my hair out trying to do it again. I was also thinking about it and well it may be easier to do it with map scripting?? and i doubt many would have been interested so i won't be working on it anymore.

Although on the subject i might look into making some scripted maps or something of that nature :)

zypres1

Post by zypres1 »

after watching youtube videos this mode seems fun.. Coop up with holloweye and make it simple just for a proof of concept... as minigame or simple mod... If you are going to script it: scott can help you... Come to IRC and we will help you, the devs are always online...

Matt

Post by Matt »