Country Specific Attributes.

Giving countries specific attributes.

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
BenjaminLSR

Post by BenjaminLSR »

ddd wrote: Poland behaved in the same way as France during WWII, so I think this feature is kinda inevitable:
Alanim wrote: I planned to add that actually, I also plan to give france a trait which causes them to surrender if they're attacked.
Time for some history... US owes their freedom to France.
France conquered almost the whole world.
France is the third nuclear power in the world.
France won almost each wars against England.
Let's say WWII was a missing shot.

France is like a NMBD: Nuclear Motorised Bodybuilded Dwarf.

tacozmeister

Post by tacozmeister »

Whether they're great or not is not important; the fact of the matter is as follows:
1) They largely only produce light tanks (WW2 -> now) as their main battle tanks. The French AMX series is a very interesting tank, as it is a tank with a 20mm autocannon (good against infantry).
2) The stereotype is that they flee really easily
3) In World War 2, they had a really strong air force. They only used them for recon', though, following old World War 1 plane tactics.
4) They make nice helicopters

Whether Napoleon kicked everyone's ass or not is irrelevant, what pertains to this game mostly is modern history. So, militarily, improved light tanks and aircraft is ideal. It'd be comical to also make their units rout, and, honestly, it'd be a pretty cool game feature if units routed regardless of faction. Maybe make the routing threshhold lower for France (like it is in Wargame: European Escalation).

A good unique unit for France, in my opinion, would be a medium tank with slightly less health, slightly more speed, and a 20mm autocannon along with it's medium tank gun (secondary weapon). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMX-30

Or air power +10% as their helicopters are used around the world.

Matt

Post by Matt »

BaronOfStuff wrote:
Cmd. Matt wrote: This is what I did except the cyborg death animation which could be ripped from a German censored version of RA1.
Hmmm, good idea. This has got me thinking; is it worth making a few custom death sounds for Volkov? I can 'mechanise' the standard screams, or just go ahead and chew out some generic 'robot death' sound.
You can download the German version and try to rip the cyborg death sounds and animation. I guess this is a lot simpler than making new ones and converting them to the strange Westwood file formats.