tank upgrade mod

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
bellator

tank upgrade mod

Post by bellator »

This is a very simple mod that enhances tanks both in performance and art. First, it introduces long vertical tracers for rounds, replacing the fruit ball rounds of the classic. The tracer isn't delivered through the use of the contrail mechanism, rather it uses my .shp art. This mod also has different art for guns of different power, i.e. 25 mm has a noticeably smaller round than a 105 mm of the soviet heavy tank.

The tank guns are improved a bit as well. The range of tank guns has been enhanced slightly and the projectiles are a fair bit faster. No damage changes.

Installation: just place the "enhanced tanks" folder in your Openra\mods folder

Edit: tracers darkened a bit, so they are a bit more visible in snow maps.

Attachments
enhanced tanks.rar
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 354 times
Last edited by bellator on Tue May 22, 2012 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

knivesron

Post by knivesron »

great mod. i like it. this got me thinking when i first clicked on it. what about a warzone 2100 style of red alert. where you design your own tanks ingame. probably be alot of hard coding but damn it would be awsome.

Matt

Post by Matt »

As http://wz2100.net/ is already Open Source and you can create mods including your own units in OpenRA easily I don't see the point of copying Warzone 2100 gameplay.

bellator

Post by bellator »

hmmpfft. fixed a problem with the previous upload.

bellator

Post by bellator »

Input and critique is appreciated. Perhaps we could get 4 or even 6 together and test this mod out, and see how it balances. :)