Top 25 Active Openra Players [5/4/2012]

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
OverKill

Top 25 Active Openra Players [5/4/2012]

Post by OverKill »

Top 25 OpenRA Players:

1. Hamb
2. Buddha
3. Nuke'm Bro.
4. Player_PL
5. Wurstsalat
6. Bellator
7. OverKill
8. Joseph Vissarion
9. Hannu
10. Holloweye
11. Scott
12. Silent Army
13. RAGEQUIT
14. SoScared
15. Ihptru
16. Renchent
17. Vukakke
18. Zypres
19. GouldBerg
20. Mamers
22. Tirilli
23. donb
24. Tvo
25. Tux

Top 5 Offensive Players:
1. Hamb
2. Buddha
3. Nuke'm Bro.
4. Player_PL
5. Wurstsalat

Top 5 Defensive Players:
1. Overkill
2. Hamb
3. Renchent
4. Joseph Vissarion
5. Gouldberg

Top 5 Supporting Team-Players:
1. Overkill
2. Renchent
3. Gouldberg
4. Mamers
5. Tirilli

Top 5 Special Tactics Players:
1. WurstSalat
2. Hamb
3. Joseph Vissarion
4. Tvo
5. Tux

Top 5 Most Improved:
1. Joseph Vissarion
2. Player_PL
3. Silent Army
4. Gouldberg
5. Vukakke

Up and coming Players to Watch
1. JoO
2. Kanar
3. earthpig
4. cacadrillo
5. KOYK

Please send us QUALITY replays, in IRC or pm, that you think we should see.

-Nuke'm Bro.
-OverKill

Kanar

Post by Kanar »

It's kinda funny how keen everyone is to get on your list, considering that this is just one player's opinion. :-)

But seriously, I found it VERY helpful lots of times when trying to balance out a teamgame. I played with everyone on your list now and i think overall, these are some truly skilled players. Yet, there are some that I just had to mention. :-)

I don't really like his nickname, but SchutzStaffel for example is maybe the best player I have ever seen.
I played 2 VS 1 against him several times, together with a teammate; and though SS was alone, he won 40% of the battles and the other 60% we BARELY could defeat him!
It's just magical, this guy is incredible.

Another interesting Player is SoullessCZArmy. Kicks my ass on a daily basis! :-)

bellator

Post by bellator »

I think allied arty turtles should be automatically disqualified from this list. :P

OverKill

Post by OverKill »

Kanar wrote: It's kinda funny how keen everyone is to get on your list, considering that this is just one player's opinion. :-)

But seriously, I found it VERY helpful lots of times when trying to balance out a teamgame. I played with everyone on your list now and i think overall, these are some truly skilled players. Yet, there are some that I just had to mention. :-)

I don't really like his nickname, but SchutzStaffel for example is maybe the best player I have ever seen.
I played 2 VS 1 against him several times, together with a teammate; and though SS was alone, he won 40% of the battles and the other 60% we BARELY could defeat him!
It's just magical, this guy is incredible.

Another interesting Player is SoullessCZArmy. Kicks my ass on a daily basis! :-)
Nukem and I work on this list together, and yes it's our opinion as there is no "official" ranking system. I feel as though this provides a guide to see how well players stack against each other. SchutzStaffel aka Persian is a great player that I've been needing to add, I'll probably update the list this week. Haven't had a chance to play SoullessCZArmy yet unless he goes by a different alias that I do know.
bellator wrote: I think allied arty turtles should be automatically disqualified from this list. :P
Haha only if I exclude the Heavy whores as well.

Kanar

Post by Kanar »

Aha, did not know SS was persian.

If ya wanna see good team players, look at Roemel, Thömu and Tiekö.
There may be slightly better players individually, but as a team they can beat even 3 players from your list on "their" maps.
Dunno if theres a "skype" advantage as they're all speaking the same language...

Greez

OverKill

Post by OverKill »

Kanar wrote: If ya wanna see good team players, look at Roemel, Thömu and Tiekö.
There may be slightly better players individually, but as a team they can beat even 3 players from your list on "their" maps.
Nukem and I try to be objected as possible when it comes to all players especially supporting players as its hard to see these players in action. We try an look at each player on both an individual and team play level. We try to distinguish who is playing poorly or having a bad game from those who happen to "luck out". We look for consistency as well. With all this being said I feel Thomu is improving nicely, and the others do well with support but are a little weak in single play, they need a little more in game time.. If you want you can upload a replay and Nukem and I will look it over.

Kanar

Post by Kanar »

I wanna introduce my buddy Ed to the hall of fame. ; D

Nukem

Post by Nukem »

Yes.
He's probably in between 7-15.

Blarget2

Post by Blarget2 »

That moment when i realize i'm just really bad at this game.
1.Hamb
2.Buddha
9998. everyone else
9999. blarget2

Kanar

Post by Kanar »

Gap between 15 (Ihp) and 18 (Zyp) is huuuuuuuuuge, skill-wise. :o

Never seen Renchent or Vukakke, tho, they dont seem to be active or have other nics.
Also, mamers occassionally goes by the name "hamsters". XD

Nukem

Post by Nukem »

I Don't see Vukkake anymore but Renchent goes by "Zero" now.. He's a pretty decent player

OverKill

Post by OverKill »

Kanar wrote: Gap between 15 (Ihp) and 18 (Zyp) is huuuuuuuuuge, skill-wise. :o

Never seen Renchent or Vukakke, tho, they dont seem to be active or have other nics.
Also, mamers occassionally goes by the name "hamsters". XD
Yes this list is in severe need of being updated, the problem we have now is the majority of people listed aren't very active in game anymore or Nukem and I never see them. We may look at editing the list down to top 15 active players to make it more manageable.