Armageddon

set game time options

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
knivesron

Armageddon

Post by knivesron »

i often run into the problem of turtles. some one will sit in there base and use everything they got to defend them selves and never attack. so this ends up making the game take forever. i suggest to whom ever cares to add a armageddon time into the game. say you choose a time before you start. 30min 1hour etc etc etc. once that time is hit somthing happens like in worms when the clock runs out and the water rises. maby (a friend suggested this) have the ore start growing really fast and once it surrounds buildings it damages then untill they die. or maby the shroud falls in square by square so the map eventually gets so small it becomes a constant war untill someone dead__.

reason i say this is casue often we want to play but only have so long b4 we gotta go to bed cause of work. being able to set a time limit for a game would be good

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

Some nice ideas, not sure how workable they'd be though. The shroud falling in would be pretty good for forcing everyone into a fight, but would be really unfair on anyone who starts in a corner (although I guess earlier in the game they have a better 'natural' defence).

The 'easiest' (simplest in theory) solution to this problem though would probably be along the lines of the classic No Bases mode, which would have everyone start with a roughly-balanced set of units each like in RA95, so that turtling would give no significant (if any) advantage... but the way that default 'Conquest' victory conditions are currently configured in the YAML means that whatever you did start with would spontaneously explode straight away (or at least it would without some file tweaking).

riderr3

Post by riderr3 »

Or invasion of giant ants/dynosaurs :drunk:

zypres1

Post by zypres1 »

other suggestions:

https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/wiki/Mapping

Please make fun new maps...