[Requests] for extraction of graphic/sound files

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
wusche1

[Requests] for extraction of graphic/sound files

Post by wusche1 »

Hi,

since I have failed one time too many to extract stuff from the mix files of the game, I have decided to create a posting of what I need. It would be great if all sources could be extracted from a unit, e.g. sound files of a weapon if it is special, cameo, SHP file, etc.
Last edited by wusche1 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wusche1

Post by wusche1 »

My not so humble wishlist:

From CnC:

-- Stuff associated to laser weapons e.g. sounds files, graphic files, etc. Note: Not the obelisk

-- Mg Turret (GDI)

-- stationary AA (NOD)

-- Helipad (NOD/GDI)

-- MRLS (current one is not complete, as I get an error: Sequence mlrs.turret-3 uses frames [96..127] of SHP `mlrs`, but only 0..95 actually exist.

-- Mobile AA platform, if there is any

-- Stealth tank, including stealth audio file

-- Nod Helicopter

-- JEEP (GDI)

-- BIKE

-- BGGY

-- GDI Barracks.

-- GDI tank or something similar.

I know this is a lot of stuff, but I think that everyone will profit from having access of these assets.

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

If you want these in the RA palette, then you're in luck for the most part without me having to do anything extra.
I assume you want them all in SHP/AUD format?

wusche1

Post by wusche1 »

BaronOfStuff wrote: If you want these in the RA palette, then you're in luck for the most part without me having to do anything extra.
I assume you want them all in SHP/AUD format?
Yes, that might be the best solution. Now You are wetting my mouth :)

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

Alright, no problem (as the Commando says).

I've got the day off from everything tomorrow, so I'll throw 'em all in a zip or something and attach to the next message.

Mg Turret (GDI)
Already converted and SHP'd, dohoho.

stationary AA (NOD)
Need to do this.

Helipad (NOD/GDI)
Have done this, but the images are flipped to avoid any confusion with the RA Helipad. Also got the Cameo done too, so there won't be any nonsense telling them apart in the build menu.

MRLS (current one is not complete, as I get an error: Sequence mlrs.turret-3 uses frames [96..127] of SHP `mlrs`, but only 0..95 actually exist.
Ah, this isn't a problem with the contents of the SHP, but rather how it's named. You want to take the sequences from the MSAM, which is what the original SHP is named (the 'original' MLRS SHP instead corresponds to the SSML, for whatever reason -- blame Westwood for this cock-up!).

Mobile AA platform, if there is any
I think I sent you this one, it's an original-ish unit though (not a TD conversion). Try looking at MAAG.SHP, it's a MRJ with an AA-Gun attached..

Stealth tank, including stealth audio file
Will do. Got the SHP, extracting sound is easy.

Nod Helicopter
Curiously enough, this is the same SHP as the Apache Longbow in RA. I can give you a modified Orca (VTOL boosters removed) though if you want, with a new cameo with it.

JEEP (GDI)
Already done.

BIKE
Already done!

BGGY
...already done!

GDI Barracks.
Sure thing boss.

GDI tank or something similar
I'll give all of the tanks (LTNK, MTNK, HTNK), and some other semi-custom stuff I'm in the middle of making. Now that I know how the OpenRA.Utility works, making newish units from existing bits and pieces is easy. ;)

wusche1

Post by wusche1 »

BaronOfStuff wrote: Alright, no problem (as the Commando says).

I've got the day off from everything tomorrow, so I'll throw 'em all in a zip or something and attach to the next message.
Oh, don't work Yourself to death ;) But You know I appreciate any help :)
BaronOfStuff wrote: Mg Turret (GDI)
Already converted and SHP'd, dohoho.

stationary AA (NOD)
Need to do this.

Helipad (NOD/GDI)
Have done this, but the images are flipped to avoid any confusion with the RA Helipad. Also got the Cameo done too, so there won't be any nonsense telling them apart in the build menu.

MRLS (current one is not complete, as I get an error: Sequence mlrs.turret-3 uses frames [96..127] of SHP `mlrs`, but only 0..95 actually exist.
Ah, this isn't a problem with the contents of the SHP, but rather how it's named. You want to take the sequences from the MSAM, which is what the original SHP is named (the 'original' MLRS SHP instead corresponds to the SSML, for whatever reason -- blame Westwood for this cock-up!).
I got the MLRS to work. Thanks for the hint!

The other stuff looks great, too :)

BaronOfStuff wrote: Mobile AA platform, if there is any
I think I sent you this one, it's an original-ish unit though (not a TD conversion). Try looking at MAAG.SHP, it's a MRJ with an AA-Gun attached..
I will look at it, thanks.

By the way, is there any way to get hands on a mech type of unit, e.g. one of those from Tiberium sun? Or are the SHP files fundamentally different there? Well, and how hard would it be to animate that stuff?

BaronOfStuff wrote: Stealth tank, including stealth audio file
Will do. Got the SHP, extracting sound is easy.

Nod Helicopter
Curiously enough, this is the same SHP as the Apache Longbow in RA. I can give you a modified Orca (VTOL boosters removed) though if you want, with a new cameo with it.
I think I will take the ORCA then, if it is not too much hassle. It does seem to work fine in CnC, so why bother for now.

BaronOfStuff wrote: JEEP (GDI)
Already done.

BIKE
Already done!

BGGY
...already done!

GDI Barracks.
Sure thing boss.

GDI tank or something similar
I'll give all of the tanks (LTNK, MTNK, HTNK), and some other semi-custom stuff I'm in the middle of making. Now that I know how the OpenRA.Utility works, making newish units from existing bits and pieces is easy. ;)
Great to hear that! I am looking forward to the stuff!

One thing You missed out is commenting the request for laser weaponry. It should is be doable without meddling in DLLs. All I need for now is the OBELRAY1 sound file (looks like it is a sound file).

Also, a last thing to request would be some funky ships. Since there are no speedboats around, I guess, all I can see now that is doable without much hassle would be the GDI destroyer from CnC. But this can wait until the other stuff works.

Chris also told me that he will incorporate some code for unique units into the next playtest.

Oh, and check Your private message (;
Attachments
Just a small image showing the faboulous laser stealth troopers in action.
Just a small image showing the faboulous laser stealth troopers in action.
weird brackets.png (52.17 KiB) Viewed 7642 times

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

Alright, just packing all the stuff now and double checking for any missing bits and pieces. Also found some other interesting SHP's from old RA95 mods that I think you might find to be very interesting.

Oh, and about the 'weird brackets' -- this also happened to me when I started adding various subfactions and changed the original flags to resemble those from RA95. Must be something to do with transparency and layers or whatever on the PNG, because the box ticks in the menus also changed to white squares.

I'll update the post to include attachments in a moment.

EDIT: Stuff attached. Some of the cameos aren't included yet, because I'm still working on them. But have a root around and tell me what you think! Credit to whoever here created the two halves of that Overlord Tank, it looks great ingame and also inspired me to weld a LTNK turret and MTNK chassis together to create a Battlemaster.
Attachments
JapEmpire.zip
Jesus Christ it's packed and I'm bound to have missed something!
(359.06 KiB) Downloaded 365 times

wusche1

Post by wusche1 »

BaronOfStuff wrote: EDIT: Stuff attached.
Got! Really good stuff! I think I know what You ment by *very* interesting.

I am just checking some assets - might take a while, and will come back to You with feedback. Need to digest and playtest a little. Don't worry about the camoes for now!

What I do miss, for now, is the stealth tank sound (appear1.aud). Some sound does appear if I use the stealth tank, hower. Not sure where it comes from.

And yes, the Overlord Tank is really nicely done.

Again, great job!

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

wusche1 wrote: What I do miss, for now, is the stealth tank sound (appear1.aud). Some sound does appear if I use the stealth tank, hower. Not sure where it comes from.
Stealth tank sound is Trans1.aud, unless I'm not using my memory correctly. Or at least that's what sound it used in C&C95.