Basic Husks and Buildable area question

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
ODSM

Basic Husks and Buildable area question

Post by ODSM »

This is a very newbie question I'm sure, but I'm toying with making some very basic mods to OpenRA C&C in order to get a bit of familiarity with the engine to do more advanced things.

I've tried searching, and there are three things I'm curious if someone could point me in the correct direction on.

1. In the vehicles.yaml files, I've tried to remove the LeavesHusk: for specific vehicles. For some reason they still leave husks. I've also tried to remove Husks from the husks.yaml file and this didn't work. Does anyone know the most stable way to remove husks from a vehicle upon destruction?

Or even better, how to they get created? I.e. what files are checked in order to create a husk.

2. What property makes a construction yard be able to have other buildings built in its footprint. I notice other vehicles in the buildings.yaml file have the property "GivesBuildableArea:" but the FACT or construction yard does not. It does appear to have "BaseBuilding" which I assume may function the same way. What property determines if it adds to the buildable area?

I'll have some other questions soon I'm sure. I'm just tinkering around right now making some other changes.

Thanks in advance for helping with these basic questions.

zypres1

Post by zypres1 »

Hi.

1:
From holloweyes mod:

Rules
#1TNK:
# -LeavesHusk:

(comments, why?)

2: Check the code here: http://www.sleipnirstuff.com/forum/view ... 83&t=15462
Tell me if you get it working better than us...

ODSM

Still having troubles

Post by ODSM »

Where you able to get your mod to successfully work? Going into the vehicles.yaml file and commenting out the LeavesHusk and the following line did not work.

In that thread it also looked like GivesBuildableArea did not work the way it was expected. I may have to download the source and look at it to see if that helps any.

zypres1

Post by zypres1 »

1: You should ask the devs realtime in IRC, I am sorry, but cannot help you

2: I did not get it to work, or where able to focus the devs on this issue.
We should bug it: http://bugs.open-ra.org/projects/openra/activity