Infantry Behavior: The Absurd Nature Pertaining to it

AI Modification, perhaps a bugfix even.

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
Falledeux

Infantry Behavior: The Absurd Nature Pertaining to it

Post by Falledeux »

I am a deviant infantry user, seeing that they are cheap and can easily defend a base. However, I have found some often game changing problems with them. They often have liberated minds of their own and decide to go exploring for targets. Which is a big-no-no when it comes to defense.

Problems:
-(mostly) Rocket Soldiers often go hunting, which can be a problem if you're trying to do things away from your base.

-Infantrymen often shoot at tanks when the problem lies in other infantry shooting THEM. (Perhaps some sort of targeting behavior can be added, like dontAimAtTanks?((This only pertains to riflemen*)) :D)

-The behavior I suggested would be exclusive to those who use weapons strictly for anti-infantry.

-There is also a serious problem with what I call, "Deer-in-the-headlights" syndrome. The infantry often lock up when being fired at, they do nothing, and get killed. I completely understand that I would be scared as well, but I would still be lying down pulling the trigger.

- I also think Medics should have a follow feature. (simply because if you cue to charge, they will charge right into the line of fire, as if there was a gift out there with their name on it.)

-When I do early-game rushes, my units like to target buildings regardless of being shot at, which is a problem as well. If I change it to returnFire, it will end what they were doing before a second belligerent attacked them. Which is a peeve. So, I would appreciate if that could be addressed.

-Sometimes, they all feel heroic. Which in turn makes me feel frustrated... I'll be pounding away on S and they just keep on running at the enemy like it's their papas.it's a part of the Deer-in-the-headlights syndrome I think.

If any of you kind fellows wish help me find a way to implement them, please show :D. I know Java and are learning teh C prus prus!

Seasons Greetings,
Falledeux c:

zypres1

Agree

Post by zypres1 »

I agree this is some bad points in the game,
This is harder for n00bs than for pro's that know this...

Falledeux

Post by Falledeux »

Well, I would try to implement it myself, but I don't quite understand the code. :P