[Map Pack] The First Decade Map Pack

OpenRA multiplayer map imports from TD, and RA

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
SzLi

[Map Pack] The First Decade Map Pack

Post by SzLi »

Red Alert The First Decade Mappack

I have succesfully converted 165 of 230 RA TFD (RA + Counterstrike + Aftermath) original multiplayer maps. I didn't tested them all, but I believe they are playable.

Here is what I did:
1) Extracted the maps using XCCMixer
2) Imported them in OpenRA.Editor (65 gave error)
3) Hit the "Fix Open Areas" button
4) Removed the bad spawn point(s) from the map.
5) Saved the map with the original file name.

Tiberian Dawn The First Decade Mappack

I also converted all Tiberian Dawn original multiplayer maps (27 total), the same way I did with RA.

Feel free to extend/enhance these collection of maps.
Attachments
TD.TFD.Mappack.zip
OpenRA Tiberian Dawn TFD mappack
(100.96 KiB) Downloaded 633 times
RA.TFD.Mappack2.zip
OpenRA Red Alert TFD mappack (Part 2)
(799.54 KiB) Downloaded 618 times
RA.TFD.Mappack1.zip
OpenRA Red Alert TFD mappack (Part 1)
(966.81 KiB) Downloaded 658 times

SzLi

Post by SzLi »

I hope someone will continue my work, so I uploaded the original Redalert MP maps made by Westwood Studios (all 230).
Attachments
RA.TFD.OriginalMaps2.zip
original extracted maps from RA
(745.42 KiB) Downloaded 578 times
RA.TFD.OriginalMaps1.zip
original extracted maps from RA
(872.45 KiB) Downloaded 572 times

zypres1

Thank you

Post by zypres1 »

Thank you.

Any favorites?

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

Some of these might need some manual fixing (Aftermath maps in particular); certain tiles aren't yet in ORA and will cause a crash if you try and play any maps with said tiles (somehow the editor ignores these tiles while importing and only crashes if you move the cursor over an area which they occupy).

The only ones I'm currently aware of are the ICExx tiles (water obstacles in Snow terrain), but there are possibly some others too.

SzLi

Post by SzLi »

They are not from perfect, but a good place to start.

I found an other issue with the maps: player number shows up incorrectly in OpenRA. I think fixing that requires manual surgery on all files ... or writing a program to do that.

To be honest, I don't have the time to do manual fixing.. sorry.

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

SzLi wrote: I found an other issue with the maps: player number shows up incorrectly in OpenRA. I think fixing that requires manual surgery on all files.
Yes, this is usually RA95's native waypoint 98. ORA classes it as a playerstart, which can lead to it being in absurd places such as the middle of the ocean or on cliffs.

Thankfully they're easy to spot in the editor; just look for the most ludicrous playerstart and delete it.

SzLi

Post by SzLi »

That's the funny part: I already removed that 'native waypoint' or bad spawn point(s)(spawn98...) from the maps before I uploaded them.
But the player number in OpenRA is still wrong.

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

Did you use the 'Setup Default Players' option after removing the spawnpoint?

SzLi

Post by SzLi »

I didn't. Where is that option in ORA Editor? (20111013)

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

20111013's version doesn't have it, it seems.

Using the updated version 20111023/24 has the option in the 'Map' menu.

knivesron

Post by knivesron »

just so you know i will re redo all these maps my self when i get around to it. i still have about 900 maps to convert of the usermade maps. once ive done them i will start on these. i expect if i dont get to lazy i will have them done in oh maby a month. then they will be added to my mappack. should total it around 2000 maps :O. so if you dont want to waste time then you dont have to. i also test every map i convert, cause the maps have this nasty habbit of sneaking in a spawnpoint in the most awkward places

zypres1

Post by zypres1 »

Looking forward to it. and Yes, we need a place to upload and download maps.
Soon finished those who work on that site? :-)

wishlist:
* Prioritize maps that can be build with cool yaml on (advanced settings, like oil)
* East vs West maps with multiple players
* Co-Op levels that will be hard to play against bots or humans..
* strange maps diifferent from the ones we have, like for only air and sea..

chrisf

Post by chrisf »

BaronOfStuff wrote: Some of these might need some manual fixing (Aftermath maps in particular); certain tiles aren't yet in ORA and will cause a crash if you try and play any maps with said tiles (somehow the editor ignores these tiles while importing and only crashes if you move the cursor over an area which they occupy).

The only ones I'm currently aware of are the ICExx tiles (water obstacles in Snow terrain), but there are possibly some others too.
Let's have a map which shows these problems, and a bug ticket?

Matt

Post by Matt »

The missing ice tiles have been added with https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/commit ... 5b75cb1289 and https://github.com/Iran/OpenRA/commit/a ... cf6dba0699 The bleed branch should also contain some legacy map import fixes by Scott now, e.g. https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/commit ... 7435e10d3f and https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/commit ... f03c51cc51 Don't know if these fixes are for single-player maps only.

Harisson

Post by Harisson »

We need some sticky(green) topic, where links to topic with maps(mappacks) will be or subforum with maps. It's pitty, that some maps or mappacks are forgotten (also with graphics and mods).