Allies need high-mobility vehicle (like APC)

[Suggestion]

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
zplzk2

Allies need high-mobility vehicle (like APC)

Post by zplzk2 »

I thought the allies need some vehicle with high-mobility, just like the soviet APC, which can load 5 infantry and move with high speed
Allies already have Transport-helicopter (CH47) now, but that is too expensive to build

I suggest both sides can transport infantry with Trunk, which can only transport money right now.

Very glad to see OpenRA run on my PM740+GMA900 with Ubuntu!
Earlier version could not run on that machine.

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

I've always been puzzled by this, as the Allies generally have to rely more on infantry than the Soviets do. The Chinook's fine for what it does, but the cost and vulnerability of this unit generally cripple its potential usefulness outside of flying a few units to 'safe' zones.

Maybe if there was another APC-type vehicle with light anti-armour weapons (such as the Phase Transport, but without the stealth) it could be given to the Allies? I have a few SHP's and cameos from my ORA experiments, I'll dig some up and post them in a moment.

knivesron

Post by knivesron »

i think the allies are the better team atm. they have an apc like thing its called a jeep, you can place one unit in there. can do alot of dmg with it and an engineer near the start of a game.

zplzk2

Post by zplzk2 »

the jeep is just like Hammer HMMV, however, US army also have M113 and Stryker
I think that's why jeep can take only one solider while APC can take 5

The followings are my ideal vehicles:

HMMV: recon, take 1 solider (Marine or SEAL, while taking SEAL, it has better vision)
M113 or truck: transport 5 or more soliders, no weapon
Stryker: multiple use vehicle, can take marine/SEAL/engineer/medic/javelin
M2/M3: IFV, also can be recon vehicle when taking SEAL
M1A1HA MBT: heavy armored main battle tank

also I suggest adding M777 artillery, which can be transported by truck and CH47

Falledeux

Post by Falledeux »

I think you should be able to make the Light Allied Tank into an IFV. Considering the Bradley has (and that's a picture of a Bradley) holds about 5 guys. c:

Note the backdoor exit, which can easily be made into the already easily found 1TNK.shp in the conquer.mix file :D

Falledeux

Post by Falledeux »

And personally, I think the Allies should have better air-power, considering that he who has the high ground is the sure victor :P

knivesron

Post by knivesron »

at the risk of repeating my self. allies do not need to be more of a super power. they are unstopable at the moment.

if you disagree with redalert tho why dont you make a mod