Open RA - Multiplayer Bots

Development of multi player bot with varying difficulty

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
King_Ultra

Open RA - Multiplayer Bots

Post by King_Ultra »

Hi - been playing OpenRA recently, my mates and I really enjoy it. We were hoping to see some development in multiplayer bots with varying difficulty. This would add to the playability of this title.

Also if anyone had started working on one, we are happy to collaborate.

Cheers.

riderr3

Re: Open RA - Multiplayer Bots

Post by riderr3 »

King_Ultra wrote: Hi - been playing OpenRA recently, my mates and I really enjoy it. We were hoping to see some development in multiplayer bots with varying difficulty. This would add to the playability of this title.

Also if anyone had started working on one, we are happy to collaborate.

Cheers.
In latest openra revision(unstable) bots are more smarter than previous ;)

Petrenko

Post by Petrenko »

Heyho,

if you just want it harder you could add two new factions (one for each side) (raminator made a tutorial on how to do this) and make just one structure of them different. For example the Powerplant. Just add a cashtrickler with 1000000$ in a second and the ai will produce like hell. (Traitdocumentation on the wiki explains how to add a cashtrickler)

This is just how i do it. There might be many other ways to make it harder to defeat the AI.
Hail to the soviets!

zypres1

Post by zypres1 »

could like that, but also I want limits on buildings and units possible in mods, then you can have like max 4 ore trucks for each player, or max 6 oil rigs....
That would help Ai, if you can set the limit for each player....