Map in Menu Screen? - Red Alert

Question about maps

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
deletethisaccountplease12

Map in Menu Screen? - Red Alert

Post by deletethisaccountplease12 »

Hey I was just wondering, the map in the background of the menu screen looks pretty sweet, is there a download for it somewhere? I checked the maplist in openRA but it doesn't appear to be there. I'd really like to play on it with my buddies.

Thanks!

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

Open it in the editor and you can fiddle around with the settings. It's titled 'Shellmap'.

I wouldn't save over the original though.

deletethisaccountplease12

Post by deletethisaccountplease12 »

sorry im new to this - where is the editor? im running openRA on a mac and can't seem to find it. is it a separate file?

*EDIT* - found the shellmap.didnt think to show package contents. stupid me. thanks again. also saw that the editor doesnt come in the mac version. :( i can dream, though.

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

We have historically avoided shipping the map editor under OSX because the combination of bugs in Mono, bugs in the editor, and issues with how the osx packaging for OpenRA worked meant that it was more trouble than it was worth to support. Many of these points have since been fixed, and so we will be shipping the editor in a future version (maybe not be the next one, but certainly the one after that).