[RA - Mod] Red Alert - Entrenched

Revision II - Coop Maps - Z GameMode

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
Petrenko

Post by Petrenko »

Heyho.

I just had an idea: what about corpses stay? or better: stay forever?

I simply added a new smudge-type "corpse" and add the "unitexplodes" to infantry. The weapon it explodes with is a gun with zero damage and a custom smudge called "corpse"

There a 4 different corpses and three depths. (Craters got 5 depths)

Only problem is: Its not working with player-selected colous.

Any ideas?
Attachments
Medic!.bmp
Medic!.bmp (45.17 KiB) Viewed 9483 times
Hail to the soviets!

BaronOfStuff

Post by BaronOfStuff »

I like the idea of having a corpse fade like in the original RA, but I don't think having them stay forever is a good idea.

I have no idea why it's not working with playercolours, although I can hazard a guess at it being something to do with corpses (and indeed other smudges) not being player-owned objects.

chrisf

Post by chrisf »

Yeah, you'll get the wrong results using smudges. You really want an Actor (or at least an Effect)

chrisf

Post by chrisf »

Petrenko: should we pull in your Z support into the official distribution, keep it in git, etc?

Petrenko

Post by Petrenko »

Heyho.

Wouldn't it be better to leave it as a mod? Because it's years away from being finished.

I'm confused...
Hail to the soviets!

raminator

Post by raminator »

don´t husks work for infantry?

chrisf

Post by chrisf »

@raminator you could use husks for infantry, yes.

zypres1

Great fun

Post by zypres1 »

This was great fun!

it's no limits for what you can build with mode.. Please release one easy mod (make it easier and polish it)(the z mod?).
By doing this others can learn and make mods from this "tutorial". If you like to, or others can then comment inside your mod.

I had this playtests divide.by.zero. error(when playing against hard) so I could not play much. But it was fun. Strange with new units. Could not get the mines to work, but other things worked nicely. Cool with parajeeps and many nukes from plane. I hate that my plane got destroid after the nuke. I also think the cloaked units worked fine. My favorites where the drones and the big tanks. The Soviet tanks also reminded me of old C&C.

So please finish one or another version of your mod so others can learn and make cool mods from this. Thank you for making this. Would be great with all your enchangement as a tutorial, almost everything is in your mod.

Petrenko

Post by Petrenko »

Heyho.

Thanks for the feedback!

I'll release a new version, when a new stable-build is made.

The ParaNuke is now faster, so it is able to get out alive. But spamming Nukes on one position is still difficult when an exploded bomb kills the other bombers. I think this makes it a bit more balanced.

I also added a new ship, which is able to produce infantry/vehicles to invade islands.
(May need to rethink this)

Also on irc there was a discussion about structure-buildup. Is it possible to have an animation-overlay whic is like a constructionsite and then lots of.. eh... smoke appear and when it disapperas the building is shown? This would prevent instant-defense spamming and also one only got to make a few build-up-animations for different-sized buildings instead of each building on his own.

Also:² Zypres i added a few traits to the wiki a long time ago with someone else.

Also:³ If we can add bits to maps one could make a Z-Style Basic-map which everybody could then duplicate without using my mod.
Hail to the soviets!

twarpie

Post by twarpie »

Petrenko wrote: Also:³ If we can add bits to maps one could make a Z-Style Basic-map which everybody could then duplicate without using my mod.
Perhaps you mean like in this topic / post?

Not sure if / how the editor supports this though ..

Petrenko

Post by Petrenko »

Heyho.

I just wondered: 4 days without a post in the mod-forum?

Time to cheer you up with something special!

It's called: Junk

Since craters, scorches and other smudges don't have to be 1x1-tiles large i think i will make some for destroyed buildings and even a huge crater for the nuke!
Attachments
Junk.bmp
Junk.bmp (92.16 KiB) Viewed 9199 times
Hail to the soviets!

Petrenko

Post by Petrenko »

Heyho.

I got a new version up for PlayTest-1125.

Changelog:

1. New Soviet Infantry - Strelet (I played a bit with "replace-colour")
2. New Blood and ScrapMetal Smudges
3. New WeaponBalancing
Attachments
ra - entrenched.part2.rar
(625.34 KiB) Downloaded 468 times
ra - entrenched.part1.rar
(878.91 KiB) Downloaded 469 times
Hail to the soviets!

zypres1

Post by zypres1 »

Will it work on the new playtest also? 1209?

Petrenko

Post by Petrenko »

Heyho.

@Zypres

You can try to port it by copying the new OpenRA.Mods.RA.dll from the RA-Mod to the Entrenched Mod.

I still wonder why no-one steals my mod and balance it^^

This is simply a proof-of-concept mod.

Hope i could help you,

Petrenko
Hail to the soviets!

Blarget2

Post by Blarget2 »

do you think you can post a step by step instructions on how to replace the terrain tile set?
id like to expand/ edit your mod.