Terrain Expansion [RA][D2K]

Information and discussion for custom maps and mods.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Harisson wrote: Sorry for double post, but what do you think about new Cameos style and smoother animations ?
The ON HOLD/READY text has already been converted from SHP graphics to OpenRA's own text rendering by me in the last playtests so we could draw the text the same way or just leave the icons alone (as there are tooltips) which could help with localisation.

I recently modified OpenRA's RenderBuildingSilo to become more flexible for Dune 2000 so the ore silo with more frames is now possible.

Harisson

Post by Harisson »

Wooow, realy that's a perfect news...
now we can make some localisations for OpenRA.
It will be able in next playtest ?

Matt

Post by Matt »

It's hard to tell the difference because the OpenRA text rendering matches the SHPs so perfectly. I think Chris already merged it and it's in the latest playtest. But there is no localization system (like gettext) in OpenRA yet and I read that using the OpenRA content ripper with localized Red Alert CDs (mainly for voices) will crash (maybe because everything in the setup extractor is hardcoded for just one specific file).

Matt

Post by Matt »

Harisson wrote: I have problem with highlights, because desert tiles blink as water... (Highlights are hardcoded)
I finally fixed it. It's the light palette rotator (blinking dots on the radar). The exceptions are hacked into the code and I uploaded them for review at https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/pull/2445

Harisson

Post by Harisson »

do you recognize it ?
Attachments
JFF.png
JFF.png (25.48 KiB) Viewed 12996 times

Matt

Post by Matt »

Looks like a nice comic version of RA.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/cnc-reimage/i ... t#imagebox looks fairly awesome if it ever will be released ;)

Harisson

Post by Harisson »

Check this:

Code: Select all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8Y0ix6sId8
It's Red Alert(2/3) for cellphones...

Iran

Post by Iran »

I've added support for new theaters to my RA95 patch. The new theaters I want to support are winter and desert from C&C95. I was wondering if you're interested in working on this. I already have a partially converted winter and desert theater made by Allen262. You can find me on the OpenRA IRC channel (just send me a PM).

Matt

Post by Matt »

You can find the Tiberian Dawn Winter tileset for Red Alert at https://github.com/Mailaender/OpenRA/tree/ultraq Ignore the Tiberium. It was part of the single-player mod, too and can easily be removed again.
Attachments
P1Scg03ea: Transitional Times
P1Scg03ea: Transitional Times
transitional-times.jpg (298.41 KiB) Viewed 12816 times
Single-Player campaign to bridge the gap between Red Alert and Tiberian Dawn.
Single-Player campaign to bridge the gap between Red Alert and Tiberian Dawn.
openra-campaign-ultraq.jpg (258.1 KiB) Viewed 12816 times

Iran

Post by Iran »

Seems like everything has been converted but for tiles that C&C95 doesn't have but RA95 does he just used the temperate files. I was asking Harrison because he seems to be able to make his own tiles for those that are missing while staying true to the winter theater.

Harisson

Post by Harisson »

Something's Coming
(rock cliff on rocks)
Attachments
D2K.png
D2K.png (253.95 KiB) Viewed 12491 times

epice

Post by epice »

How about bridges that will allow boats to pass underneath, or even land bridges that will allow units to pass underneath?

Drawbridge?

Harisson

Post by Harisson »

@Epicelite: I think it's impossible to do something like high bridge ATM.

anyway I did small progress last day
Attachments
2nd cliff.png
2nd cliff.png (735.89 KiB) Viewed 12377 times

WolveNZ

Post by WolveNZ »

Oh whoa, sweet, Pavement! Played Dune2k the other day and realised how much the OpenRA mod was still missing!

Bloody nice work dude!

Harisson

Post by Harisson »

I'm not adding pavement. OpenD2K contains pavement, but you can only acces via Editor.
I'm working on these cliffs, because D2K doesn't have cliffs on rocks. In D2K every map looks like map with islands of rocks.

EDIT: First post updated