Hello World!

Long-time OpenRA enjoyer, first-time registrant...

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Kangarus

Hello World!

Post by Kangarus »

G'day,

I'm a 36 year old from Victoria, Australia, and I've been a longtime fan of RTS games all the way back to the Command & Conquer demo when I was a kid - I've been an enjoyer of the OpenRA games and its mods for a while now, but I haven't thought to register until now.

I've played a number of OpenRA mods such as Combined Arms, Fractured Realms, Shattered Paradise et al and very much enjoy the bringing to life of the old Westwood style classics on an open-source format. I enjoy writing speculative fiction such as sci-fi, fantasy and alternate history, and look forward to seeing my ideas get fleshed out in an OpenRA mod of my own someday, when I get around to learning how to code for the engine.

RL has been keeping me busy, I am due to start new work experience for a job next year (which is a big deal for me given that I'm currently a disability pensioner due to various health issues, some of which I'm on medication and therapy for - that's all I'll say about that at this stage) and I still get my rear end whooped in many of these games, but still, it is a lot of fun. I've been keeping physically and socially active for rehab purposes, and I figure that learning to code so I can make a mod for this game of my own - video games have been a major passion of mine since I was quite young, will be a good mental activity too.

Other games I enjoy include the Bethesda games such as Skyrim and New Vegas, and Paradox games such as Stellaris, Crusader Kings 3 etc. I found I enjoy a bit of worldbuilding and, again, hope to produce a working mod for OpenRA at some point.

abcdefg30

Re: Hello World!

Post by abcdefg30 »

Hi and welcome! :)

I suggest looking at https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRAModSDK/ ... ng-Started if you want to get started with developing your own mod.