Viewing window of Open RA

Rectifying a mistake when setting the window size in the display settings

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Paz87

Viewing window of Open RA

Post by Paz87 »

Hi all, thanks for all the good work in keeping such a classic game alive, it's deeply appreciated.

I modified the window size in the display settings to suit a new monitor and I accidentally missed a zero from the height box, now the viewing window is wide horizontally but very short vertically, so much so that I cannot navigate back to the display settings in order to remedy the window size.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the window size remains the same. I cannot think of a solution in order to get a sensible sized display window, can anyone help?

abcdefg30

Re: Viewing window of Open RA

Post by abcdefg30 »

Hi. You need to delete the "settings.yaml" file. See https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/wiki/Settings#location for where it is located.

Paz87

Re: Viewing window of Open RA

Post by Paz87 »

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I did not have a folder in my application support folder for Open RA strangely.

I found asolution by opening Tiberian Sun, which had the same window size but allowed me to see more of the settings menu bar, enough to toggle fullscreen on. When I then restarted, both Tiberian Sun and Red Alert were full screen. Thankfully.

Thanks again :)