How do I remove artillery units from the game?

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
berigrad

How do I remove artillery units from the game?

Post by berigrad »

I only play against AI and I am annoyed by the artillery unit in the RA mod because the range is way too big and it's just annoying to deal with. My units won't even react when they are targetted and a single AI artillery will happily destroy an entire army of my tanks if I don't constantly keep close watch. That is just stupid.

So my question is, which files do I have to edit to remove the artillery unit from the game or alter it's range? I'm not asking for tactics to counter the unit, I want to remove or disable it by editing the respective config files.

Thanks

berigrad

Re: How do I remove artillery units from the game?

Post by berigrad »

ok for anyone else reading this in the future I managed to do what I wanted by editing the mods\ra\rules\ai.yaml file.

To edit the "normal" AI, look for SquadManagerBotModule@normal in the file and in that section there is a property called ExcludeFromSquadsTypes which is a list of units the AI won't use for attacks.

In my case I added arty and v2rl to that list which are the identifiers for the artillery and V2 rocket unit, respectively. So after editing the line it should look something like this:

Code: Select all

ExcludeFromSquadsTypes: harv, mcv, dog, badr.bomber, u2, arty, v2rl
This way the AI will still build and use those units for defense but it will no longer use them to attack your base.

You can figure out the identifiers of other units by looking at the vehicles.yaml, ships.yaml, aircraft.yaml and infantry.yaml files.

kazuhofitts

Re: How do I remove artillery units from the game?

Post by kazuhofitts »

Great! This is what I am looking for. Thank you for sharing, bro!!

pizza tower