Community is dead

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
MickeyMouse

Community is dead

Post by MickeyMouse »

No one ever to play with anymore. I stack team and still no one want play

Nilefile

Re: Community is dead

Post by Nilefile »

No. It territorial iostill works

Markis

Post by Markis »

MickeMouse have some right. I can feel it in Dune 2K more than 20 stable players drop on half in the last year. Propably its problem of every one prefer own mod while original was very unfinished and not very interesting for MP. Also problem of our ,,evolution´´, players want all simple, easy, and fast. Not to do much with a RTS anymore. Eco mass wasting racing.

eazin

Post by eazin »

it is tough to find players. but every now and then i find them

scouby999

Post by scouby999 »

indeed, especially on Dune, there are fewer and fewer players. But we still manage to find some thanks to discord.

The project is not dead and maps are updated by enthusiasts.

Dune is really excellent, I tried Command & Conquer and I wasn't hooked...

MintMan

Post by MintMan »

It's not dead. Me and my friend only recently just found OpenRA and are playing the Dune games multiplayer vs bots.
I think the Dune game needs balancing. Ordos is significantly weaker, with weak combat tanks. Not to mention, what is point of building an Ordos Palace? Sabotuers are pointless. It even prones and crawls under fire when it should run at full speed as a suicide bomber.
Also I think the AI Ominious, Vidious and Gladius, needs to have differing competency levels or at least a different style of gameplay. Currently the bots are indistinguishable and pretty random.

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

Saboteur cloaking has been implemented on the development branch, so they will become a bit more useful in the future. (Although it will likely take two releases until that change goes public - all features for the next release are already frozen.)

MintMan

Post by MintMan »

Thanks for the info abcdefg30. Ordos mid to late game strategy is clearly lacking. The heavy factory is pointless without a durable tank, and the light factory only has a slightly above average Trike (Raider). IF the Ordos merchant faction is supposed to be light and pesky, the Quads should be a little stronger, and they should have some kind of cheaper price to buy or make units, so that they can use quantity instead of quality. Currently there's no economy bonus for a mercantile faction (so what's the point of calling it mercantile?) And thus the 3 faction game, is essentially a 2 faction game. If I'm a mercantile faction I should be richer and be able to buy a nuke like in Red Alert.

Markis

Post by Markis »

Im balancing the game on combat XP vs combat XP factor. ( favored for micro-tactic while most of dune players were used in macro = SHOCK ) Some good units abilities just cannot be bought. Tanks have less priority. Eco management is slower, so rushing with light vehicles or infantry at start have bigger chance to success to crush the opponent early in game. My personal custom odd from Starcraft II diamond league 4v4. Ordos = Zerg = Early grenadier tech very dangerous vs other nations. From basic 5000 all nations can build early rush quads, while other player is building the eco management = He is DEAD! Just same global rule like starcraft had.the players were wondering: why was I slowing it all down? Just to make the general rule of starcraft stand out there. But the kids preferred races in the economic waste of quantity. They weren't used to it. But to me the quantity combat just not look like best in this square battlefield. Small skirmishes looking more naturally. https://resource.openra.net/maps/53471/ a misunderstood artist

porenut

Post by porenut »

MickeyMouse wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 4:33 pm
No one ever to play with anymore. I stack team and still no one want play
There are still some games every day and +/- 5 active players. But because of some Trolls, games are arranged on private discord servers.

porenut

Post by porenut »

MintMan wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:00 pm
Thanks for the info abcdefg30. Ordos mid to late game strategy is clearly lacking. The heavy factory is pointless without a durable tank, and the light factory only has a slightly above average Trike (Raider). IF the Ordos merchant faction is supposed to be light and pesky, the Quads should be a little stronger, and they should have some kind of cheaper price to buy or make units, so that they can use quantity instead of quality. Currently there's no economy bonus for a mercantile faction (so what's the point of calling it mercantile?) And thus the 3 faction game, is essentially a 2 faction game. If I'm a mercantile faction I should be richer and be able to buy a nuke like in Red Alert.
there are lot of balance attepmts via custom maps. Here are some examples:
https://resource.openra.net/maps/uploader/porenut/
https://resource.openra.net/maps/uploader/cumpinatorhi/
https://resource.openra.net/maps/uploader/BLACKSIR/

scouby999

Post by scouby999 »

We're a little off topic, but hey...

for ordos, this family can be very strong.

I don't know how to play it well, but generally with a good player opposite who has this family, I almost always lose.

The deviators are evil...