can't run OpenRA installer under MX Linux

Neither of three RA installers works under MX Linux, stuck on Fetching list of mirrors

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
olshevskiy

can't run OpenRA installer under MX Linux

Post by olshevskiy »

When I download an AppImage installer and start it, it''s stuck on Fetching list of mirrors. I tried installing it inside VirtualBox guest Linux lite on the same machine - it installs easily (but works reaaally slow). So it's not internet problem, but something with MX Linux. Can I do something to solve this? The MX Linux forum can't help me.

Kernel: 5.19.0-2mx-amd64 [5.19.11-1~mx21+1] x86_64
Desktop: Xfce 4.18.1
base: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

abcdefg30

Re: can't run OpenRA installer under MX Linux

Post by abcdefg30 »

Does MX Linux apply some extra sandboxing to prevent AppImages from accessing the net? It might also be worth a try to check if the AppImage can write to ~/.config/openra/Content (where it would install the game assets to).

olshevskiy

Post by olshevskiy »

abcdefg30 wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 5:01 pm
Does MX Linux apply some extra sandboxing to prevent AppImages from accessing the net? It might also be worth a try to check if the AppImage can write to ~/.config/openra/Content (where it would install the game assets to).
Thank you for the answer! Really don't know about sandboxing, seems I didn't have this problem with other appimages before. Googled it, tried launching the app from terminal with "--no-sandbox", nothing changed, still stuck on Fetching mirrors.

I don't know how to check if the appimage can write to the folder you've mentioned.

Matt

Post by Matt »

Try the Flatpak.

olshevskiy

Post by olshevskiy »

Matt wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 10:00 am
Try the Flatpak.
Same problem with flatpak, keeps searching for servers, finds none

Matt