Game paused after Objective Menu dropdown

RA, TS, Dune, being played on MacBook latest OS. On all games, whenever the Objectives menu drops down, either on completion or failure of first objective, when I return to map the game is paused. Despite pressing the assigned hotkey to pause/unpause, nothing happens can't move forward?

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
DravidianAlder

Game paused after Objective Menu dropdown

Post by DravidianAlder »

Sorry I'm a total newb at OpeanRA gaming...RA, TS, Dune, being played on MacBook latest OS. On all games, whenever the Objectives menu drops down, either on completion or failure of first objective, when I return to map the game is paused. Despite pressing the assigned hotkey to pause/unpause, nothing happens can't move forward?

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

abcdefg30

Re: Game paused after Objective Menu dropdown

Post by abcdefg30 »

Hi. If the objective completes or fails and the objectives list is automatically opened, you reached the end of the mission. You have to go back into the mission browser and select the next mission. (There is no direct way to continue to the next mission yet.)

DravidianAlder

Post by DravidianAlder »

Sorry, if I didn't explain correctly, if I only complete one objective (the first objective) the menu drops down and the issue of game pause occurs, there is no way of continuing that mission to complete other objectives.

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

That sounds like something that shouldn't happen then. Does the chat mention anything? Does this issue exist on the latest playtest?

Tooth76

Post by Tooth76 »

I seem to have the same issue.

Just installed OpenRA for the first time (OpenRA-release-20230225-x64.exe) and started an Allied campaign.
When the mission is finished, the video with the "canon boats" loads and after that the game says "paused".

I can't unpause (defined other keys to it but doesn't change it), I can't go to a next mission.
I can only restart or leave to the main menu.

So for me this is impossible to play...

Blackened

Post by Blackened »

That's just how it works in OpenRA currently. There isn't a seamless transition to the next mission like in the original. But the idea has been proposed.

Tooth76

Post by Tooth76 »

Blackened wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:53 pm
That's just how it works in OpenRA currently. There isn't a seamless transition to the next mission like in the original. But the idea has been proposed.
I don't mind if it's not seamless.
But I can't get to the next level at all... I'm stuck...

Blackened

Post by Blackened »

Tooth76 wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:26 pm
Blackened wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:53 pm
I don't mind if it's not seamless.
But I can't get to the next level at all... I'm stuck...
You said you could exit back to the main menu right? The next levels are all under the mission tab. That's how you go to the next ones.

mattiasottosson

Post by mattiasottosson »

Is it possible to see which missions you have completed, or do you have to keep track of that yourself?