C&C missing missions?

I installed using my original game CDs. But there are only 9 GDI missions and 10 NOD missions.

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
poenn

C&C missing missions?

Post by poenn »

I installed using my original game CDs. But there are only 9 GDI missions and 10 NOD missions, not counting a few a, b, c missions. Shouldn’t there be more missions? I just played the 9th and last GDI mission and it still only has basic units and buildings.

Did I do something wrong? I did the advanced installation using my original C&C install media.

Thanks
poenn

abcdefg30

Re: C&C missing missions?

Post by abcdefg30 »

Hi. You didn't do anything wrong: Unfortunately not all missions of the original games have been ported to OpenRA yet, so not all missions are playable at the moment.

poenn

Post by poenn »

Hi and thanks for your reply!

I understand. I have yet to play Red Alert or Dune 2000 in OpenRA. Is it the same there?

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

Yes, those mods don't have all of the missions either.

poenn

Post by poenn »

OK, thanks a lot for your help! I understand now that they have to be reverse engineered which takes a lot of time. One last question though: When there are additional working missions in the future, will they be available automatically once I update to the newer OpenRA version? Or will I have to install them again using my CDs?

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

Yes, once you update to a newer OpenRA version, you will also have all newly available missions. There is no need to install again from the CD.

poenn

Post by poenn »

Thanks a lot for your help and clarification!

LeonardMT

Post by LeonardMT »

poenn wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:03 pm
OK, thanks a lot for your help! I understand now that they have to be reverse engineered which takes a lot of time.
Not reverse engineered, just rewritten from scratch. (- the map, that can be imported)