Explored map, ore spread

A plead to make openra more true to the original.

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Zordos

Explored map, ore spread

Post by Zordos »

Why isnt explored map hooked off by default?
Do you know if you dont check that box you can kiss all long range units goodbye? Yet bots can use them from outside of your field of view? They can attack you far away and you cant hit back, you have to get in inside them to fight back.

Also In original game you could decide how much the ore spreads, can this be added to openra?

I've also noticed you can garrison a unit inside allied jeep, in missions you can see thats a feature but in skirmish its hidden?

abcdefg30

Re: Explored map, ore spread

Post by abcdefg30 »

Zordos wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:48 pm
Why isnt explored map hooked off by default?
Do you know if you dont check that box you can kiss all long range units goodbye? Yet bots can use them from outside of your field of view? They can attack you far away and you cant hit back, you have to get in inside them to fight back.
This has been discussed and rejected multiple times already, for example in https://github.com/OpenRA/OpenRA/pull/5168.
Zordos wrote:
Also In original game you could decide how much the ore spreads, can this be added to openra?
This could be added, but nobody is working on it currently.
Zordos wrote:
I've also noticed you can garrison a unit inside allied jeep, in missions you can see thats a feature but in skirmish its hidden?
This also works in skirmish, but garrisoned units are just passengers.

Zordos

Re: Explored map, ore spread

Post by Zordos »

I see now I have confused Explored map with fog of war, its fog of war i wish to be unhooked.