install OpenRA - Dune 2000 on child session with parental control - Windows 10

Is it possible to run the game on a child session with parental control, if so how?

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
scouby999

install OpenRA - Dune 2000 on child session with parental control - Windows 10

Post by scouby999 »

Hello, I am French, I use a translation tool, I hope my request will be understandable.

I have a pc under windows 10, on this machine, there are many microsoft user accounts.

Microsoft accounts are well configured in parental control, with the Microsoft family and therefore parents and children.

I installed OpenRA on my session (parent) and game work, I wanted to launch the Dune 2000 game from my child's session (13 years old) through the .exe shortcut which is in Programfiles\openra, but the game tries like to reinstall and it fails.

Is it possible to run the game on a child session with parental control, if so how?

Thanks for your help.

abcdefg30

Re: install OpenRA - Dune 2000 on child session with parental control - Windows 10

Post by abcdefg30 »

Hi.

The game will look for files in "%APPDATA%\OpenRA\". That location is different for each user account. (Usually it is "C:\Users\username\AppData".)
The game needs to be able to write to this location, so you will have to allow the child session to write files there.

Alternatively re-install the game somewhere the child user account can access (i.e. not programmfiles), and create a folder called "Support" inside the installation directory. Then the game will place files there and not in AppData.

Hope that helps.

scouby999

Re: install OpenRA - Dune 2000 on child session with parental control - Windows 10

Post by scouby999 »

hello, it looks a bit complicated for my level, but I'm going to try anyway.

Should I uninstall the game first?

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

You don't need to. But I would do it, unless you want to have two installations at the same time.