Red Alert: Posting game replays

Dvoid is needing advice on posting replays

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
DVoid

Red Alert: Posting game replays

Post by DVoid »

I would like to start posting my red alert game replays and those from other players if they wanted to. i have found that windows 10 recorder wont work for red alert it just wont record and i cant post game replays to utube because of the file type. if any player sees this and has any advice on how i can post some red alert replays please let me know. Ive got loads of great replays and i want somewhere where new red alert replays can always be found and the best replays ive collected can be shown. also a place where players can send replays i can post.

abcdefg30

Re: Red Alert: Posting game replays

Post by abcdefg30 »

Maybe recording with https://obsproject.com/ works for you. Replays themselves aren't a video format, so you're correct that you cannot upload those to Youtube etc.

DVoid

Post by DVoid »

ok thanks very much for the reply ill check that out.

anjew

Post by anjew »

Gamereplays used to be the active spot to post replays. I believe a lot of 5aces casts were from picking out replays from there. There is a few people who still post replays there but its seems seldom used

https://www.gamereplays.org/openra/repl ... e=standard

netnazgul

Post by netnazgul »

There is also a dedicated channel for replays in OpenRA discord server.

DVoid

Post by DVoid »

Thank you very much abcdefg30 obs is exactly what i was looking for.

DVoid

Post by DVoid »

Peter dvoid utube channel for red alert content.
I have sorted out a way to record my replays and video guides then post them to utube. I have set up a channel to post my red alert content and i will continue to do so. If any players have any requests for video guides or if they want to send a game replay for me to post i would be happy to consider them. Any replays can be sent to me (Dvoid) at openra discord. My channel is called peter dvoid.

milkman

Post by milkman »

Nice, good to see more openra content!

To be constructive, minor thing I noticed: Sound mix is not perfect yet, your voice is barely audible when there's a lot of firing going on in the game. Sometimes there's a litte background noise like maybe a laptop fan when game is quiet and you don't talk.

Really enjoyed the replays so far, keep em coming :)

DVoid

Post by DVoid »

If i had known i had a comment about my channel i would have replied straight away. Thanks very much for checking my channel out and i really appreciate any comments you have. I noticed myself that my voice is drowned out during heavy combat so ill find a way to solve that. There are a few settings issues like that so i will experiment and find the best set up. I didnt know about any background noise so thanks for letting me know. Being told about these things can only help. You also guessed correctly it will be the sound of a fan its an old pc. Tbh the only thing stopping me getting a new pc is that red alert runs fine on it and thats all i play nowadays. If im taxing my pc more by recording and having more programs running at once it might be time to get a new one.

milkman

Post by milkman »

Good work on the last couple of videos! I'm already invested in the "Dvoid learns Allies" storyline and want to see it continued :D

Audio quality has definitively improved, really good now I think.

DVoid

Post by DVoid »

Its great to hear theres some interest and that the quality has improved from a viewers perspective. I am sticking with the Allies this time i was always put off after losing games solely because i have no flak trucks and got picked apart by yaks but Allied aa guns are great i just need to get used to using them and play to the Allies advantages because one of my last videos showed how poorly i play when not using soviets. It will just take a short adjustment period. Thanks for viewing and i hope to continue improving overall quality and to get good with the Allies.