Webroot identifies new release as malware, installation problems.

I tried to download and install newest version of OpenRA, Webroot security program identifies the .exe (downloaded from the openra.net site) as "Win.32 LocalInfect .2".

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
BloodyComet

Webroot identifies new release as malware, installation problems.

Post by BloodyComet »

Downloading the newest release from the official OpenRA website leads to my Webroot security identifying the .exe as malware, "Win.32 LocalInfect .2"

Webroot immediately deletes the file and performs a scan. Against my better judgement, I disabled Webroot and tried again. I successfully downloaded the newest build (20210321) and tried to run it. I got an error message: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

I own ALL Command and Conquer games on Origin, and they are installed. What am I missing here? Did I just infect my computer with something malicious?

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

abcdefg30

Re: Webroot identifies new release as malware, installation problems.

Post by abcdefg30 »

Installing via Origin is supported. The error message "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." sounds like something (probably some Antivirus functionality?) is blocking the content installation.