Johnnyboy is a bully

Johnnyboy (Commander.Σ) has no position in the community

Discussion about the game and its default mods.
Fuck_the_nazis

Johnnyboy is a bully

Post by Fuck_the_nazis »

Hi all,

What is the tolerance on rascist and sexist people in this community?

LeonardMT

Re: Johnnyboy is a bully

Post by LeonardMT »

Very high

abcdefg30

Post by abcdefg30 »

Sadly it is infeasible to moderate the ingame chat. I'd try to stick to servers which only allow logged-in users and kick people who misbehave.

LeonardMT

Post by LeonardMT »

@abcdefg30
This guy is mostly likely lying I played Commander.Σ/Commander.B a lot and he never was racist or sexist he was always polite and respectful.

anjew

Post by anjew »

It is close to impossible for the ORA developers to manage and administrate issues such as these. So whether this is true or not is inconsequential.

ORA is engine and official mods (RA,TD, D2K etc) use a dedicated server system in order to host games. The developers can't manage other people's servers, the onus is on server operators to deal with these issues in the way they see fit.

Sleipnir

Post by Sleipnir »

Thats not really correct - we went out of our way to implement a solution in the form of the registered servers, which display player's forum username to prevent fakes and have some level of accountability. Anyone who thinks this is important should be playing only on these servers.

The thing is that most players don't want that level of accountability, and so actively avoid those servers. If we were to start forcing people to play on the registered servers then I expect that many people would instead stop playing OpenRA completely.

Ronald

Post by Ronald »

Last edited by Ronald on Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pinkthoth

Post by Pinkthoth »

Who cares if some idiot on the other side of the world says some mean things? They're probably 12 years old and all they're doing is revealing themselves as a poopoohead.

LeonardMT

Post by LeonardMT »

Ronald wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:29 pm
This implementation should clean up the community rapidly and permanently
Johnnyboy has been temp banning bad actors from his games all the time and if you ask me his efforts has cleaned up the community by quite a bit, OP is probably some loser that misbehaved and is now playing the victim.